Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S

Type S Door Chime Deactivation

So i was wondering. Is it possible to deactivate the door chime so you can have the key on "acc" not "on" and have the door open without it going nuts at you.

Thoughts?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostzor
    So i was wondering. Is it possible to deactivate the door chime so you can have the key on "acc" not "on" and have the door open without it going nuts at you.

Thoughts?
    `

With the DC2s, there is a cable located underneath the driver's seat and all you need to do was disconnected that. I assume it would be the same for the DC5s? Correct me if I'm wrong

under the seat? i thought that was to do with the chime when u turn the car on without the seatbelt, regardless of sitting or not, However, if u have the keys in and open the drivers door, it chimes. I dont know a way to get rid of it, but if i wanted music, i'd put the windows down instead

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal
    under the seat? i thought that was to do with the chime when u turn the car on without the seatbelt, regardless of sitting or not, However, if u have the keys in and open the drivers door, it chimes. I dont know a way to get rid of it, but if i wanted music, i'd put the windows down instead
    Ooops!!.. i think thats it!
    my bad!...
    yeah..wind down the windows... or just start the car with the air con

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Was reading about the STi apparently u turn it on and off and plug the seat belt in and out like 2 times in 30secs and the seatbelt chime deactivates. Thought the honda might have something similar.

See if the door is closed u cant really hear the stereo too well even with the window open. Whats with all these chimes these days, this is not usdm, are we that stupid we cant tell when the door is open.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    how do you get rid of the beep beep sound when you keys are in your ignition and you cleaning the car, it pisses me off on dc2

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    Quote Originally Posted by fly_vti
    how do you get rid of the beep beep sound when you keys are in your ignition and you cleaning the car, it pisses me off on dc2
    is that what you guys are talking about

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostzor
    See if the door is closed u cant really hear the stereo too well even with the window open. Whats with all these chimes these days, this is not usdm, are we that stupid we cant tell when the door is open.
    Well the car is made so everyone else can drive it...
    Girls especially can't tell this sort of things, they need chimes to remind them when doors is not completely intact.. no offence but its true, Majority anyways

There is a wire that you unplug and it gets rid of it...

I'm sure tinkerbell can shed some light on this as he has done it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    So if i find this wire is it just going to disconnect the speaker and kill all the chimes or just the door? the headlight chime is important in winter.

the plug is located right under the steering colom?? you need to get right uder to figure it out. by disconnecting it, your also disconnecting other functions aswell. such as the light on the cieling, the first speed on the wippers and the buzz when you leave the lights on and the car door is open...
    i only disconnect mine when its not raining cause the noise is really annoying. other than that, its always unplugged. takes a bit to get use to.. freaks you out at first cause you realise things aint working. but all is well after wards.
    hope that helps...
    BTW: this is for DC2's. dont know if this is the same for DC5's.

Team West Yo!

1:15:0 @ Wakefield park

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Yer thats not really gonna do it for me but thanks. I was thinking there was a way to get the ECU to do it for me. Any workshop manuals?