Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to much power?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Civic GL

to much power?

hi, i have a clarion SWR1283 DVC sub wich can take 300wrms but i was looking at the pioneer monoblock amp wich is 360wrms at 2 ohm, will i have any problems running the amp at 2 ohm and will this be to much power for the sub, otherwise is there any way i can run the sub at 4ohm

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Liberty
    most amp have adjustable power
    which meant that you can adjust the power to 3/4 power so that it doesnt provide the full power to the sub as an example

and most sub these days have power cutter, which meant that it can cut out to the max power that it can take

correct me it im wrong

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Civic GL
    thanks for that, it is in a small sealed box and i heard that if u put fluff stuff in there it makes the sub think its in a bigger box, is this true

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Liberty
    the fluff stuff is mainly to help with the pressure inside the box

but im not sure about it thinking its bigger (might or might not)

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    if u put fluff stuff in there to make the sub think its in a bigger box, is this true
    nope

hi, i have a clarion SWR1283 DVC sub wich can take 300wrms but i was looking at the pioneer monoblock amp wich is 360wrms at 2 ohm, will i have any problems running the amp at 2 ohm and will this be to much power for the sub, otherwise is there any way i can run the sub at 4ohm
    wat impedence is the SWR1283?? 4ohm+4ohm, 2ohm+2ohm, other?? also, uve only got ONE swr1283 sub rite??

as said, its not too much power - if anything its betta for betta control & headroom. just set the gains right n ull have no problems

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Civic GL
    ok thanks, it is dual 4ohm, so i should wire the voice coils in series or parralel to get a 2ohm load and it will be ok?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Civic GL
    ye sit is only 1 sub to!

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    parrallel

Quote Originally Posted by 89civic
    No problems what so ever. Like the guys mentioned above you must set the gains to match the headunit and subwoofer anyway. If your amplifier is more powerful than the sub you'll find your gains are just a little lower set.

Quote Originally Posted by 89civic
    ok thanks, it is dual 4ohm, so i should wire the voice coils in series or parralel to get a 2ohm load and it will be ok?
    If it is dual 4 then you need to wire it like this:

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Civic GL
    Thanks for all the help guys, i now have all the info i need, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxtron
    the fluff stuff is mainly to help with the pressure inside the box

but im not sure about it thinking its bigger (might or might not)
    It's actually there to combat standing wave issues within the upper harmonics (although most subwoofers are crossed low enough to not suffer from standing wave issues)...