Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...

wtf does HOnda have NOW? seriously... jazzz VTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Civic VI...
    Can't forget the NSX That car am seXeh besides the price tag :?

Pity they discontinued the type R.. but then again for those who owns one... whoa.. driving a limited production car is b00tiful

The NSX ? How come there aren't many of them around, is it because it's hard to get or do people look elsewhere in that price bracket ?

It's a pity the Type R name is being discontinued.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Honda Australia are a bunch of soft-cocks IMO.

Whilst it seems Honda Japan has started to find its feet and are turning out some hot looking cars (Accord Euro, Odyssey, JDM ITR, etc), it's as if Honda Oz are trying to create their own image for what is a global car manufacturer.

I loved their comment about how "durability issues" ruled out the 17s and Brembos....ummm hello, who did they think would be buying the Type R teg huh...old grannies who couldn't give a f*ck?!

I guess with an aging population they are trying to appeal to the masses rather than staying true to their motorsport heritage....and we are the ones that miss out!

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    *ghost*, its not the USD exchange rate that knocks out the CTR, its the Sterling (UK) exchange rate, which hasn't budged unfortunately, coz its the only model of the new civic's that looks good.

its only a rebadging anyways, you'll buy the same car with a Type S badge instead.
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

we arn't keeping the type r, they are removing it and replacing it with a type s... produces 118kw it says... how is that a detuned version of the type r?? :P doesnt have the sporty interior either.
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    Type S is supposed to have close the same power as our current Type R, i doubt they'd go to the expense of detuning the engine for just our market, so i doubt it'll change at all from the amount atm.

The other integra models have the 118kw.

Its the whole street racing scene in the US. Honda are trying to keep away from that image that older people are starting to get about hondas.

It wants to go back to the luxury/prestigous jap car brand that it used to have in aus

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Its ****ing stupid. It is not how Takeo Fukui would want it, or I hope not. It is genuinely frustrating how lacking AUSDM honda's are in ocmparison with the Japanese counterparts, and the renaming of the type r looks like a ploy to remove the whole racebred nature that the car deserves. Smart move, me thinks not.

power level "close" to the type r... heres the keyword, the aus type r is already de-tuned, a power level "close" to it is going to be what? 130kw??... even so, i would much rather they kept the type r as is.....
    フジタエンジニアリング

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Quote Originally Posted by cheebye
    Honda Australia had tried to add the UK-built Civic Type R three-door to its range but that was killed off by exchange rates and the ongoing concern over fuel quality.
    :x :x :evil: :? :x :evil: :cry: :roll:

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    why would Honda bother building an even more detuned engine for the tiny little australian market, costs would outweight the benefits.

I think they'll keep the current engine as they can build them for the us market as well as here, much more cost efficient.