Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaning out...

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    I was just chattin to a mate who rides in nissans and he said that the MAF sensor
    (in the evo)will adjust the fuel to the level of boost up to maybe 14 or 15psi. basically more air = more fuel. He also said that it wouldnt be a problem as long as it didnt start pinking. Also have a mate with a STI and another who has a Legacy and both have increased boost to this level 14 psi with no problems>??

Im guessing that a boosted honda is different?
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 S2 Chaser, DC4, S5

Thumbs up

very different mate, purely because honda's were released N/A. Therefore all of the air fuel mixtures, timing etc are set to run a Naturally Aspirated engine.

Whacking a turbo kit on a honda engine without a tune & ecu is like giving a blind man a rubix cube, it wont know what the f&^% to do with it!!!! (nuff said)

Evo's, Liberty's (some) and STI's all come from the factory with turbo'd engines. Therefore, the factory ecu is created with this in mind, and knows how to run a turbo setup!!

Cranking the boost up on a factory turbo car *can* be done safely as long as you dont go crazy (i.e 6psi - 18psi!!) as the factory ecu can compensate for this to a reasonable extent!

Enjoy your car mate, they r fun stuff!!!!

Benny.

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    Yeah thats what i thought... prob still give it a tune eventually..
    cheers.

now just got to sell my Mint yellow 00 ITR
    Boosted Integra underway!