Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s

vtec not engaging?

Stalled my jazz at the light, fired it up again and took off slowly but the car felt sluggish, then 2nd started to rev it and wam bam out of nowhere it starts to go around 4000rpm. tried it again as in stalled it and this time gave gas abit more sluggish but closer to 5000rpm it spiked like my mates dc5r and gave u a slight
    push back, not very seamless engagement of vtec

anyone wanna try it in their car.

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    muli, may sound stupid .. but how you stalled it? I cannot really stalled the engine in CVT, can I?

You mean the VTEC only comes on after you stalled it?

I have experienced the 5000 - 5500rpm kick back before on my Jazz without first have to stalling the engine.. that's if I can with the CVT..

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by muli
    Stalled my jazz at the light, fired it up again and took off slowly but the car felt sluggish, then 2nd started to rev it and wam bam out of nowhere it starts to go around 4000rpm. tried it again as in stalled it and this time gave gas abit more sluggish but closer to 5000rpm it spiked like my mates dc5r and gave u a slight
    push back, not very seamless engagement of vtec

anyone wanna try it in their car.
    The Jazz L15A VTEC engagement point is around 3500-4000rpm
    but how you stall the car??

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Yeah.. I was surprised to feel that sudden VTEC kick at around 5500rpm. I thought I was wrong as I remember the L15A engage point is earlier and cannot be felt easily.

After talking to one of my other Jazz mate, he also felt the kick at 5500rpm before.. So, I suspect there is something going on at that high rpm range.

Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ VTI-S

VTEC kicks in at 5500rpm

I agree. After installing the TODA Aust. CAI and K&N filter, resetting the ECU, i feel the VTEC engaging in at 5500rpm until it stalls at 7000rpm. It is a good boost, only if it kicked in a little earlier.

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 dc2 type R
    wow you installed a toda Aust, that must have given you a big increase in power, My suggestion to you all would be first, Learn to speak english, then second, learn to type, then learn the difference between hitting the rpm limiter, and stalling.
    Then check your lame posts for errors.
    gacs.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by b18c7
    My suggestion to you all would be first, Learn to speak english, then second, learn to type, then learn the difference between hitting the rpm limiter, and stalling.

I agree!

Member Array
    Car:
    JAZZ VTI-S
    Gee,

I did not realise that when I post on this forum, that people were going to be so sensitive to grammar and spelling. It is a forum not a thesis from a PH D student.

Relax a little.

PS I thought this forum was in Chinese not english, better go back to school. If you are so critical on grammar look at your own sentence, we in english speaking countries do not put a capital letter after a comma and generally you try not to use the same word "learn" three times in sentence. Secondly, a comma followed by "and" is not correct grammar.

Next time check what you write before you post slagging off other forumers.

Cheers - I back to school for a lesson in English

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I think its not just bad grammer, but I can hardly make any sense of the first few posts....

hahahahaha he got u there b18c7 this calls for a fight

b18c7 has a point? stall... i thought that was what happens when u cant drive a manual car

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by hakan
    i thought that was what happens when u cant drive a manual car

I think they are talking about hitting the rev limiter....
    I dunno, i just re read the posts and got even more confused!

who votes this thread should be cllosed
    its all over the place