Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VTEC Lsd!

Quote Originally Posted by Andys
    Can you elaborate on how each one felt differently to you?
    i hav only felt the units in the 2 x ITR's as described before.

My point was , the LSD design designates how it performs in acceleration and deceleration -

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 Lancer Evo X GSR
    What does a stock DC5R have? 1 way?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by majic777
    Say that to anyone with a dc2r or dc5r and they'll laugh themselves silly.

Member Array
    Car:
    WRX and R32
    "You got that all wrong... Cornering sucks with a LSD"

Yeah....i love frying my inside tire when cornering and getting absolutely no traction....

Quote Originally Posted by VTECfreak
    What does a stock DC5R have? 1 way?
    They are torsen/helical style units.

I've had this argument before and don't want to get into one here..... but.....

In reality.... I "personally" think the OEM ITR and Quaife are neither 1, 1.5 or 2.

My justification for this is that they are constantly transfering power to the wheel with most resistance/"grip". I am not sure if this occurs also under deceleration

"IF" the helical/torsen style diffs do not offer any lock what so ever under deceleration, then I will correct myself and say that they should be considered a mechanical 1 way.

As for describing the feel of driving a FWD honda with a Quaife, if I had to say if it feels like a 1, 1.5 or 2 way.... I would have to say it feels like something between a 1 and 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    My point was , the LSD design designates how it performs in acceleration and deceleration -
    *nods* Yep.... which also vastly changes the handling characteristics of a vehicle. Stay away from 2 way for FWD is all I can say unless your driving style is to induce oversteer and use throttle to pull out of the corner and keep the rear in check!

To the original poster, the OEM Type R diffs found in hondas which I am sure are all helical/torsen... they are all that your regular person out there needs even if they are a weekend track warrior. I honestly don't see the point in buying clutch pack style diffs for anything that will see daily driving, the maintenance is not worth it (pulling gearbox apart everytime).... let alone having to run diff specific tranny fluid that will allow the plates to work properly but may not be appropriate for the other gearbox internals.

Hope this helps

Speedy!
    Last edited by SPEEDCORE; 19-01-2006 at 12:37 PM.
    DLUG Racing

very informative, how do i give ppl information points?

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31660

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger
    you cant, but i will hook speedcore up with some (mine are worth more anyways...)
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    I got a stock LSD fitted with my conversion some jap box with cable not shure wat one but
    I noticed cornering was better
    in and out of roundabouts especially it will pull better and not drift stright
    just grips and pulls
    definetly alot better the no LSD
    but not safe in the wet, hates corners just goes stright

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 Integra Type R Turbo
    Get yourself a quaife. Check the quaife website for the dist in NZ i bought mine from there it works out much cheaper with the conversion rate and cheaper freight. You will find most LSD for fwd its a 1.5 way so it helps you gear down but it wont effect your cornering in a bad way.

I got a quaife in a civic box to lower my final drive to 4.4 from 4.7, i drive it hard and it shits over the factory lsd and a car without lsd sucks ass in comparison. Its nice nowing you dont need to worry about single spinning thru corners and having the car jump all over the place if it spins the whole car goes where its pointed

Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    You got that all wrong... Cornering sucks with a LSD (Limited Slip Differential). See a LSD locks up the diff and makes it so the wheels spin the same speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow96GSR
    · To transmit the power to the wheels while allowing them to rotate at different speeds

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 Integra Type R Turbo
    i wouldn't drive my car without one and it certainly handles better with the quaife than the factory lsd. i guarantee i can push my harder now especially in the wet or if the roads are dirty (not a dirt road i dont drive on them). But each driver has their own opinions on what they like or dislike thats why everybody's car is different we mod to our own tastes or likes