Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4t
    ok dude lol.. the quickest n/a honda in the world does a 9.4, powered by a k20a and guess wat car it is in.. a DC5R

u hav really wierd ways of comparing things i mean its only in the pulsar bcoz both the engine and car are 10yrs old.

end of the day if u do the same amount of work to a k20 thats done to the sr20 pulsar whether its in the civic or integra the k20 will always come out on top

how bout u wait for the BADHBT project to be completed and see how this pulsar goes up against that
    You don't seem to have a great grasp on what this engine is about. The sr**ve engines are a fairly new design only produced in the late 90s. What difference does it matter anyway, lots of people put b and k engines into older honda chasis. From what I understand the block is a DE with the VE n1 head on top with custom oil lines for the neovvl (vtec) activation. You make yourself look silly when you post about stuff that you have no idea about. My fairly stock sr20ve engine makes about 118wkw but needs better tuning. The only power adders really are the ecu and exhaust.

Why is there such negativity about a nissan making good power. Why is there so much animosity between members of this site and nissans. When I read about egk20a i thought, wow thats awesome ill go check it out. There are plenty of people in the states making over 160wkw with n1 cams on stock sr20ve engines with much fewer mods, its not hard to believe guys.

Im sure chuck had many doubters and people asking him whether it was worthwhile to put the k20 into his old civic.

Maybe wait till its run, then you can have your say, but i wouldnt be so quick to judge.

Member Array
    Car:
    VX II SS, 75 HJ 355
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryD
    There are plenty of people in the states making over 160wkw with n1 cams on stock sr20ve engines with much fewer mods, its not hard to believe guys.
    USA dyno's don't read the same as Aussie ones

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Honda Accord H22A
    why is there so much negativity? my guess would be nissan drivers generalise us as ricers and most of them think hondas are shitboxes, honestly i get alot of haters most of who drive either nissans or aussie built cars. i have no negativity against the engine or what this SR is capable of but rather the excessive rivalry between brand enthusiasts. cant we all get along and proclaim honda as the best built cars in the world ( lol). it doesnt really phase me at all because there is rivalry in everything... and our scene is constantly competitive and so are nissan lovers and honda lovers
    Last edited by j-specAccord; 30-01-2006 at 04:51 PM.

You don't seem to have a great grasp on what this engine is about. The sr**ve engines are a fairly new design only produced in the late 90s. What difference does it matter anyway, lots of people put b and k engines into older honda chasis. From what I understand the block is a DE with the VE n1 head on top with custom oil lines for the neovvl (vtec) activation. You make yourself look silly when you post about stuff that you have no idea about. My fairly stock sr20ve engine makes about 118wkw but needs better tuning. The only power adders really are the ecu and exhaust.

Why is there such negativity about a nissan making good power. Why is there so much animosity between members of this site and nissans. When I read about egk20a i thought, wow thats awesome ill go check it out. There are plenty of people in the states making over 160wkw with n1 cams on stock sr20ve engines with much fewer mods, its not hard to believe guys.

Im sure chuck had many doubters and people asking him whether it was worthwhile to put the k20 into his old civic.

Maybe wait till its run, then you can have your say, but i wouldnt be so quick to judge.

wtf man.. i never mentioned anything about an sr20ve.. im talkin about the sr20de and that was replyin to wat spetz said so read properly before makin comments like dat. fact of the matter is he only changed the head right? so the block is still sr20de

anndd i never said it was a problem to put a newer engine into an older chassis.. thats wat spetz brought up as defense for the pulsar

and obviously only reason ppl are doubtin those nissans makin power is bcoz its N/A nissan
    Last edited by dc4t; 30-01-2006 at 04:48 PM.

My "negativity" is at the power claim. My B20vtec made 124kwatw. H and K motors seem to get to 150 to 160kwatw with a bit of work. Over 200 is a BIG claim. A claim the MPH doesn't back up....

My sr20ve would probably make 124kw _stock_ if i could be stuffed getting the powerfc tuned correctly.

The mph was run when he had around 140wkw afaik

The mph was run when he had around 140wkw afaik
    That sounds about right. 140 is a truckload away from 200 tho

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    so when is this running? we wana see how a n/a sr20 goes so make sure u update us with a 1/4 mile time so noone here thinks ur bullshiting about having 200 kw good luck

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    we run 106mph with 140ish kw
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX Drag Cars
    Like i said before, MPH does not lie!
    PRO FWD 9.07@161.48 FWD.. 04
    ALLMOTOR 10.83@123.23 NA FWD 05

Quote Originally Posted by online
    Like i said before, MPH does not lie!
    Agreed, one way to find out

i was running 101mph with 122kW and was running a stock crank, stock rods, OEM camshafts, stock block, OEM flywheel, OEM intake manifold, OEMN plenum, OEM gearbox with no LSD,

so a Nissan with all that work to the engine should be able to nail some pretty decent MPH...

with a claimed 200kW ATW you would expect very low 12's if the driver can drive...
    B20VTEC - since 2002