Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ne1 done lower trailing arm bushes ?

neone done these b4 ?? i got a eg hatch and they are screwed .. dunno how hard they are gonna b .. neone have a clue ??

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    are you talking about lower control arm bushes?? front or rear??

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    screwed as in how?

more details

we cant help u if u just say they are screwed
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

rear traling arm bushes = large bushes at the rear trailing arm

Im doign mine on my EG hatch soon - either pay $250 inluding parts n labour , $120 labour or buy the 2 x bushes , take to a workshop and get the to DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    Mine ended up being torn and saggy rubber bushes...

By lower trailing arm, I assume you mean the rear suspension one that travels from front to the hub... That big sucker is a PAIN IN THE @SS cause the whole arm has to come out and it is harder than it already looks. The worst bit is, a new trailing arm bush is not cheap.

Check the LCA bushes(F&R) where your struts attach too. They are normally screwed by this stage and are hard to replace without a hydraulic press.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Iv done them before,
    several times actually

what exactly do you want to know

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    Iv done them before,
    several times actually

what exactly do you want to know
    step by step DIY plz Mr John

i can remove the trailing arms and take to a mech and back...but is there a better DIY to do all (or most ) urself ?

yeah the bushes are perished .. getting some poly urethane ones from a suspension shop... but yeah i need to diy take off the arm and take it to wokr to get pressed off ... and then fit the new one... was just wondering if neone knew a quick way to take off the arm ??

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    no other way ben

you have to remove the arms.

I once saw a fellow workmate do it in the car with out taking the arms out, took him longer and he said he would never do it that way ever again.

what you have to do is.

1 raise the rear of the car and support it on stands\
    2 take the rear wheels

Drum brakes

3 take off the drums
    4 take out the drum shoes
    5 undo the hand brake cable and free it from the arm

disk brakes

3 undo the caliper from the hub
    4 undo the caliper mount braket
    5 undo the two screw that hold the disk on the hub and remove the hub

6 undo the top arm that goes from the trailing arm to the body
    7 undo the brake line from the arm
    8 undo the arm at the end of the trailing arm that attaches to the body ( this is the adjustable end where you set the toe of the rear alignment.)
    9 undo the lower arm to trailing arm bolt ( the lower arm attaches tot he shocker )
    10 undo the 2x 17mm head bolts that hold the TA bush to the body

if your going to do the pressing your self

pay attention to how the old bush sits in the arm. you have to put the new bush in the same. the bush will have a marking on it to show you which way to press in.

assembly is the the same as disasembly, just need to bleed the brakes ( all 4 wheels ) when your done.

then rear wheel alignment

all i did today was take off the lower arm bolt .. the bolt infront of the bush.. the bolt on top arm.. the disconnect brake line and hand brake line ..

walah

arm is out...

then bush is a shit coz u gotta press it out

then heat the shit out of it with an oxy to get the middle part out and all the other rubber shit on the inside..

so u get ur new bush once all that shit is clean then press bush inside the cyliner that u took out and press the middle bit out(part which has the bits to bolt up arm...)

then put it all bak together .. walah there u ahve one new bush and yeah bleed brakes... and get rear wheel align.. but yeah im not gonna do that again coz all the fumes that come off the rubber is bad ...

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude vti-r & s2k
    steer_gimic just did he's on the weekend... ask him questions if you need help!

related question

how the f*ck do u remove the steering arm of the front hub?

i've been bashing at the arm all day long and it wont come off the hub.!!!!