Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by AMS-89Q
    Hey kanasu, in my opnion to recreate a JDM-DC5R here is unrealistic. You'd rather spend the money into other mods, e.g. (exhaust, coilovers, ECU, headers or even supercharge) and perhaps some custom body-work etc. When i got DC5R a few months back and really wanted it to be a JDM one. Yet after calculating "bang for bucks" customising to your own liking is better.

RE: From your latest post, I've heard of many different mods people do to the DC5R before ECU (e.g. exhaust + headers mainly + cams. + extractors). Btw. what ECU you after? (people usually go for power FC A'PEXi) If your into performance tuning that much BEL Performance does awesome jobs on R's here in NSW. The www.belperformance.com.au site should have some contact info. and call in and ask. Btw. I'm a big fan of coilovers, and on corners I've out-done AWD cars (e.g. wrx).
    The current Power FCs do not support i-VTEC

And in my opinion the JDM and AUDM is tottally different cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECfreak
    Do you think it would make much difference in power if we put the JDM cams in? Just to rev that extra 500rpm that the JDM revs to.
    No, it is not worth gettingthe JDM cams.

I know someone who ported bits of their engine (exhaust ports and etc), mugen n1 ecu (which is designed for the jdm cams in mind) and obviously the jdm cams themselfs and didn't really gain that much.

Like the other person said, cams from tuning comings would be better.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '03 DC5R
    Are you sure TeMp? Because I remember seeing on a cruise many civics with it and to prove it i saw a blue DC5R with it. I asked the guy "is that a power FC?" re: "yeah that is mate..."
    I must ask into it further? I'm 90% sure you can get it. I'd be good if you could source this thanks =)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    00 Integra Type R Turbo
    Turbo it and be done with it, you will blow everything away in terms of modding your car N/A style. But like anything it depends on how much $$$'s you want to spend on your mods and what sort of driving you are doing? A good start that wont cost the earth is headers, cat & exhaust, air intake then you get into ECU/piggy back James at Hondata can help you out 0417 875 785 and that way you maintain all your coldstart and airbags etc. Then get into more aggressive cams, adj cam gears, springs and retainers so you can rev it off its ****, and finally get into suspension so you can get all your extra ponies on the ground better. But if your going to open up your bottom end spend the extra money and go turbo i made 226fwkw and with my next tune i will get more out of my DC2R

The engine changes are:

CR 11.5:1
    Redlines at 8400
    100 RON fuel
    Slightly bigger intake manifold
    Different CAT and variable pressure exhaust
    Variable Camshaft timing only intake (or was it exhaust) side only where as the JDM is on both
    Different extractors

Cheaper to get an ECU tune with I/E +/- header (and it'll give more power).