Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    95 Honda Accord H22A
    what i wanna know is, what restrictions does the K20 have in the sport civic for the australian market? obviously it doesnt sport the K20A for the civic type R, DC5 R and Euro R as that engine makes over 200hp and has no restrictions. this engine however only produces 154.2hp... wheres the extra 45hp gone???

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    They are still an UGLY POS that is the bargain option and not a real sports option. 115KW???? You have to be kidding Honda. My 16 year old import Honda Civic puts out more than that and it looks like a car, not a bug with wheels.

Honda Australia - once again screwing over the real Hondas for granny-carts.

Plenty of cars from other manufacturers that leave Honda Australia's "plan" for dead.

Anyone who buys a gimped piece of crap just because it is a Honda deserves to be laughed at.

EK4s and EM1s were the last of the real Honda Civics - anything else is a Euro/Toyota carbon copy.
    dude have u even read the reviews about this civic.. this car has already won awards over in the states (car of the year awards) its been given such high reps and ur comparing ur old crx to it to be honest.. not dissing crx's but they too look like bugs with wheels, its just a civic with the back cut off. dont get me wrong i love crx's but thats the plain truth. and ur sayin ur car puts out more power than it so im guessin u have the b16a which is wat? 3 kw's more power? lol but u forgetting b16's dont have much torque. look at how much torque the civic puts out

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Honda Accord H22A
    agree ^^^

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by j-specAccord
    what i wanna know is, what restrictions does the K20 have in the sport civic for the australian market? obviously it doesnt sport the K20A for the civic type R, DC5 R and Euro R as that engine makes over 200hp and has no restrictions. this engine however only produces 154.2hp... wheres the extra 45hp gone???
    VTEC's only on the intake cam. Compression ratio is also lower than the DC5R's engine.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Honda Accord H22A
    what bout p&p? intake manifold? the intake only has vtec, so the exhaust cam is 2 lobes but the intake is three? that would mean the head is built differently and the heads flow is put out dramatically. surely .X of comp ratio and a higher (VTEC) intake cam makes up for 45 lost horse power? not jumping down anyones throat, i juz wanna know WTH honda is doing

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dc4t
    dude have u even read the reviews about this civic.. this car has already won awards over in the states (car of the year awards) its been given such high reps and ur comparing ur old crx to it to be honest.. not dissing crx's but they too look like bugs with wheels, its just a civic with the back cut off. dont get me wrong i love crx's but thats the plain truth. and ur sayin ur car puts out more power than it so im guessin u have the b16a which is wat? 3 kw's more power? lol but u forgetting b16's dont have much torque. look at how much torque the civic puts out
    Fanboi-itis.

My car is 15 years old and Honda built it around a B16A. Not conversion, manufactured that way. By the way, an EF9 SiR is a JDM Civic, not a CRX, it'd be nice if you got your facts straight. Torque is one thing but I can guarentee my EF9 will get out of the hole faster than the so-called torquier new Civic. So, a 15 year old Civic puts out more power than the new Civic - that's a step backwards in my books. The EF9 will still out accelerate every Civic that was available in Australia (unmodified for all cars) - that says a lot about Honda Australia's marketing plan.

I do this every time some fanboi trys to tell me how wonderful Honda Australia is, so here we go again:

'72-'79 Civics - Japan gets the RS1200, we get the budget version. RS1200 is faster and better kitted out.
    '80-'83 Civics - Japan gets the S varient, quicker and better fitted out, we dont.
    '84-'87 - Japan gets the Si powered by a ZC, we get a POS budget varient powered by a 12 valve slowpoke. Japan gets the Si CRX powered by a ZC, we get nothing.
    '88-'90 - Japan and Europe and Asia gets the ZC powered Civic and CRX as well as a 160ps SiR CRX and Civic (150bhp in Europe), we get a Si CRX and a goddam twin carb slug. Japan also gets an AWD 4 door Civic (not the shuttle that some people mistake it for.
    '91-'93 - Japan gets a 170ps B16A powered Civic - we get chaff by comparison as our top of the line.
    '93 - Japan gets a frigging Type R, we get a detuned SiR (160ps instead of 170ps).

Do you see the trend?

The Australian market is second best and even third best as far as Hondas are concerned. For the money you put out other companies create equal cars if not better which are sold for a better price in Australia. Honda quality is equalled by other countries. Buying because it's Honda is a poor reason to do so.

I've looked at the car's stats, it's not impressive. CoTY awards are nothing - Magnas, commodores and Camrys have got the award here, the Yanks are no better.

Don't tell me you'd buy this Civic as a performance platform - because it's crap and nothing like what will be available to other countries and a decided piece of rubbish for the enthusiast compared to the offerings of other companies.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

man i hate wat the australia honda market has to offer.. just fact of the matter is that speed aint everything, the car is alot better than urs overall.. but yeh i see wat ur saying, honda is going downhill, i think the only country doing good for honda is america!!

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    EF8: i call her EFFY
    JUST LOVE TO MAKE A POINT!!!... the us civic may have won awards and so it should have its beautifull..... but take note DC4T, we dont get the american civic!!!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by j-specAccord
    what bout p&p? intake manifold? the intake only has vtec, so the exhaust cam is 2 lobes but the intake is three? that would mean the head is built differently and the heads flow is put out dramatically. surely .X of comp ratio and a higher (VTEC) intake cam makes up for 45 lost horse power? not jumping down anyones throat, i juz wanna know WTH honda is doing
    The head is different. Of course the 115kW k20A head is not going to flow as well as the 147kW K20A. Also, the K20A in the DC5R does not have P&P. That was in the DC2R's B18C. Intake manifold should be the one with long runners. And yeah, the intake has 3 lobes + VTEC mechanism, while the exhaust is 2 lobes and normal rocker arms.

In the end, comparing the 115kW and 147kW K20A will be the same as comparing the 118kW and 140kW K24A. It's all in the head, compression ratio, VTEC, cams, intake runners and crankshaft balancing.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Setanta, the real Type Rs are exclusive to Japan. Only the EP3 Civic Type R is sold in UK because it is made in the UK. After 93, Honda was trying to bring in the sporty models, like DC2R and SiR. If Honda Japan doesn't give, they can't get. On the other hand, the killing off of the DC5R and replacing it with the DC5S is Honda Australia's stupid fault.

Quote Originally Posted by j3z3z
    JUST LOVE TO MAKE A POINT!!!... the us civic may have won awards and so it should have its beautifull..... but take note DC4T, we dont get the american civic!!!!

im pretty sure i read that the same civic we get won awards to but meh.. watever.. still an awesome car overall, may not look that good but oh well

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Honda Accord H22A
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    The head is different. Of course the 115kW k20A head is not going to flow as well as the 147kW K20A. Also, the K20A in the DC5R does not have P&P. That was in the DC2R's B18C. Intake manifold should be the one with long runners. And yeah, the intake has 3 lobes + VTEC mechanism, while the exhaust is 2 lobes and normal rocker arms.

In the end, comparing the 115kW and 147kW K20A will be the same as comparing the 118kW and 140kW K24A. It's all in the head, compression ratio, VTEC, cams, intake runners and crankshaft balancing.
    that explains alot, where did you get this info from if you dont mind?

so basically Honda are doing what they have always done for AUDM.
    nothing a head, ECU, piston swap and gearbox mods cant change.
    has honda ever taken away the exhaust vtec cam before? the SOHC's dont count