Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Brakes

www.bigcreativa.com.au Array
    Car:
    1998 EK9

Big Brakes

i need some info. im planning to put AP1 spoon monoblock calipers and 300mm SCR-PRO rotors on the front of my EK. what should i do to the rear brakes to equal out the brake bias?

will AP1 s2000 front rotors n calipers fit?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    From what i got told it won't be a straight fit.
    There's a bit of modification to make it fit and also you got to find a new set of mags with the right offset that will fit the bigger calipers.

You should try looking into a itr brake conversion or if you really want spoon then get the spoon brake rotor conversion kit. This include twin block calipers, rear calipers, pads, front and rear rotors.

Car:
    1998 EK9
    i already have the 5stud conversion. i think its a +42 offset. and should clear. im not too sure. hrmmm

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I'm not to sure what offset you need to fit the calipers.

But if you already have a 5stud conversion then why don't you get spoon twin block calipers for an itr. It would be a straight fit then. Why would you want a spoon caliper that fits a AP1. I think the spoon calipers for an itr would hold up just fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    cause there's one for sale cheap?
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Car:
    1998 EK9
    i already own ap1 calipers thats why i asked =o/. i picked them up for a very good price. wanted something different. a little hardcore. =oD

Member Array
    If you want to change the bias get a controller from Baer or Wilwood. They have bolt on kits.

Car:
    1998 EK9
    yeh true. but i was asking as well, if i update the front brakes will they be too big for my stock rear brakes. i have CTR rear rotors n calipers. not too sure the size of the rotor.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPZ
    ... if i update the front brakes will they be too big for my stock rear brakes...
    No. I have a big set up front right now since Baer just made my rears. Been running the fronts only for a year now. Nothing wrong since about 60% of your stopping force is in the front. That's why you see stock systems with bigger front and small rears. Get the big fronts then when you can get a rear set. You don't have to but it can't hurt.

Car:
    1998 EK9
    oh nice. thanks for that. il keep that in mind. what have u got running?

Member Array
    I use the Baer "Claw" kit for my car. $595.99USD. incase you want to know. They have them on Ebay as well as the new rear kit for $495.99 and the the bias controller ranges from $59.99 up. Wilwood also makes good kits. Look them up too. They cost about the same.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I have a wilwood bias control, brand new in the box, I am open to offers