Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

iPod Dension Ice Link with Kiosk dash mount [Euro]

Ok, it took me a while, but I've finally completed my iPod setup! I purchased the Dension - I20 Honda R3 ice>Link:Plus from http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...cura_ipod.html and got the docking cradle (they throw it in for free). I then purchased a custom made dash mount from http://www.kioskcommunications.com.a...cid=23&mid=151 There are four different options, I chose one of each of the two Angled Mounts - one for the iPod and one for my mobile (they also have a range of cradles to suit mobiles which attach to the dash mounts).

The Dension ice>Link took about 20 minutes to install. All you need to do is remove the area around the gear knob, the ashtray assembly and the middle cubby console. You can then plug the ice>Link directly into the available port at the bottom of the stereo, and then it's simply a case of fitting everything in and running the cable from the ice>Link module up oer the cubby door and secure your cradle to the dash mount! Coudn't be easier! When you purchase the ice>Link from Dension, they email you a PDF with installation instructions.

Overall, it's a neat looking setup, with no holes or screws anywhere! And it's all within reach from the driver's seat. Here are some photos of my setup...

Also, just bought a K & N Typhoon CAI kit so I'll be installing that on the weekend!

Last edited by coyote; 15-02-2006 at 01:35 PM. Reason: images didn't work

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 VW Jetta FSI Turbo
    Great find. I have been trying to work out how to mount the ipod nano and mobile. I'm surprised it's available in Australia. This will be my next purchase.

Great photos BTW.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote
    You can then plug the ice>Link directly into the available port at the bottom of the stereo
    What is this available port at the bottom of the stereo? Is it a std line in or proprietry port for the cassette/mp3 oem option?

Also is your mobile phone just mounted there or hooked into the stereo so when the phone rings it mutes the stereo and routes the phone sound through to the car speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r
    What is this available port at the bottom of the stereo? Is it a std line in or proprietry port for the cassette/mp3 oem option?

Also is your mobile phone just mounted there or hooked into the stereo so when the phone rings it mutes the stereo and routes the phone sound through to the car speakers?
    The available port is for a CD Changer option. The ice>Link kit comes custom made with a plug to fit the port.

Mobile is just mounted there for now... better that having it loose in the cabin somewhere, and the speakerphone on the V3 isn't too bad.

I'll be getting a Bluetooth kit installed at some stage.. not sure which one to get. Anyone have any ideas? US and UK/Europe Honda/Acura have an OEM option for Bluetooth but it's still being tested here (a mate of mine does the testing at Honda and has found it doesn't suit all phones available in Aust yet - they're working on it). Depending on how long until it's approved, I'll probably get that one, but meanwhile I'm looking at the Motorola HF850 Anybody got any feedback on it?
    No longer a Honda Euro driver...

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    can you change playlists and songs etc from your steering wheel with this setup ?

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 VW Jetta FSI Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by madjace
    can you change playlists and songs etc from your steering wheel with this setup ?
    My underestanding is that with the Ice Link you get control from the steering wheel as well as the disc buttons on the console relate to playlists.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda accord euro luxury
    just had alook at the sppecs and it does say that you can do this , overall i would say that this is a great setup .. I think i just worked out what i am going to do with mine ..

Good work and thanks for sharing

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 VW Jetta FSI Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by coyote
    I'm looking at the Motorola HF850 Anybody got any feedback on it?
    I have a Motorola A1000 and have the HF850 installed. It works well. At least if you use all Motorola then they cannot flob you off if you have problems.

The only problem was where to mount the control panel. I ended up sticking it next to the rear demister button under the passenger A/C control knob. It fitted well and the wire could be run through the centre compartment like you did for the iPod cable.
    Last edited by Hoffy; 16-02-2006 at 08:10 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Thanks for the info re: the interface cable port. Great review. I'd certainly get 1 if/when I get an IPod.
    Also, does it only support that Ipod, or all IPod (mini, nano, video etc)

Quote Originally Posted by madjace
    Yes, but it is limited to only four playlists, and is slow to react to your steeringwheel/stereo commands. Also, the text on the iPod changes to a smaller font and is more difficult to read. There is also the option to use the iPod interface with full control using the clickwheel. This means the iPod works exactly as it normally would, with the added bonus of being able to use the steeringwheel controls to adjust volume, and go up and down tracks, but not playlists. The second option works much better for me.

If you want more detailed information, go to http://support.dension.com/downloads...ser_manual.pdf to download the user manual. This will tell you all the features of the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffy
    I have a Motorola A1000 and have the HF850 installed. It works well. At least if you use all Motorola then they cannot flob you off if you have problems.

The only problem was where to mount the control panel. I ended up sticking it next to the rear demister button under the passenger A/C control knob. It fitted well and the wire could be run through the centre compartment like you did for the iPod cable.

Yeah, I was a bit miffed about where to put the unit. Have you got a photo of your setup that you can post for me?

Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r
    Thanks for the info re: the interface cable port. Great review. I'd certainly get 1 if/when I get an IPod.
    Also, does it only support that Ipod, or all IPod (mini, nano, video etc)
    Support for iPod generations include...
    All 1G/2G models
    All 3G/4G models
    40/60GB Photo iPods (30GB w/ docking cable)
    nano