Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R

DC5R Regarding 4k RPM's.... grinding noise...

Hey guys, I just picked up my car last week. Its a sweet drive. Only problem is I am getting this kinda grinding noise at around about 4100-4300 rpms. Im really worried about this noise it doesnt sound right.... does any one know what it could be or if it is even normal?

Should i get it checked out by someone and where can i get it checked out???
    melbourne....

what kind of grinding noise is it? a common problem is the valve cover vibrating and causing a lot of noise close to those rpms. Try taking it off and see how you go.

does it do it in neutral?

to stop the valve cover vibrating sound, you can just add a washer in between the rocker cover and vavle the cover.

i get that too when car is ideling on a cold day
    Almost ozhonda furniture.

Member Array
    Car:
    White DC2R
    grindy as in metal agains metal like gears?
    if in gear and moving at around 4-5K rpm, sounds like ur gbox bearings

if ur just reving the engine at 4-5K, could be something siomple as ur zorst touching the heatshield, or something f a r k ee d in ur engine

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    just bringing this back as i have a strange noise developing in my dc5r as wel.

its only apparent between about 2800-3000rpm and happens only when the engine is warm and it happens at standstill with clutch in an out and also when driving. this noise has only started within about the last 4-6weeks car and car has 48000km

the noise is like a scraping noise, best way i could describe it would be to imagine you were holding something metal lightly against a brake rotor as its spinning.

car is stock except wheels and lowered.

any ideas would be much appreciated.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 Integra Type R
    Well I have resolved my issue. The reason why there was a noise at the 4,000 rpm is because there was something lose. What it was originally was the bolt holding down the alarm. After that it seemed like my fuse box which wasn't bolted down. So my noise is now gone...
    Just getting a stupid rattle from my engine cover thingo... its kinda lose.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    yeah ill get in the engine bay and check everything is tight but it just seems a little to consistent to just be something loose.
    like it happens at the same point just shifting down through the gears when cornering aswell.

i havent had the rocker cover problem tho.