Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vtir head swap

Member Array
    Car:
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shraka
    Unless you plan on upgrading the conrods, boosting a Honda engine generaly isn't a good idea (unless you don't mind blowing your engine up eventualy). Sure it'll make good power untill to goes pop, but the conrods on VTEC engines are light weight to get the revs happening, and not strong enough to deal with decent boost. At least, this is what I hear.

As for the Type R head, why not get a Type R block too? Better (lighter) conrods and higher compression.

Alternativly, as has been mentioned, get the Type R plenum, New lumpy cams, new valve springs, port and polish (carefull who you go to), extractors and exhaust. You might also want a lightened flywheel (I know my integras flywheel is as heavy as an Elephant with a penchant for junk food) clutch and suspension work.

My take is an atmo 1.8ltr is never gonna make massive numbers. I'd focus on suspension first, if you haven't already. My Integra handles like a monster even on stock suspension. Put coilovers, new sway bars, tower strut braces and a Type R LSD in the front and not much is gonna be able to out corner you.

Vtec hondas can take boost as long as its tuned well.
    And as for a stock dc2 handling like a monster, you obviously havnt driven a dc2r hard.

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    And as for a stock dc2 handling like a monster, you obviously havnt driven a dc2r hard.

well said.....actually i couldnt have put it better myself
    about 6-8psi is good on standard internals!!
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R 98'
    Quote Originally Posted by spardikis

well said.....actually i couldnt have put it better myself
    about 6-8psi is good on standard internals!!

8pounds? how many kw atw you expect from that of a b18c2 engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Twisted
    Adrian from Toda tuned Teggy-VTiR at 7psi pushing about 170kw@wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    there we go..all take a pad and pen, and make a note!!
    Boosted Integra underway!

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Integra VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by STOCK
    It can take a little, but I'd want stronger rods before putting any decent boost down.

Heh heh. Yeah I figure the Type R must be freekin' awesome if my car can do what it can. I'm actualy rather shocked that the rolly arse suspension in the VTiR does so well against S14s + coilovers, R32 GTRs + coilovers, Modified ST185 GT-Fours + coilovers, JZA70 Supras (although with kinda average suspension and LSD), MA61 Supras etc.
    Torino Red '94 DC2 Integra VTi-R :: 96fwkw @7300rpm & 138fwNm @4100rpm :: 0-100 in 7.3 seconds