Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobster
    Surely a moderator wouldn't encourage a breach of copyright?
    It isn't a breach of copyright. do a google search in australia for "fair dealing" and "copyright law" if you are interested to know why.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    It isn't a breach of copyright. do a google search in australia for "fair dealing" and "copyright law" if you are interested to know why.
    It's a little off topic, but as someone who works in communications and publishing (print and internet) and is fairly familiar with copyright, I don't believe that publishing a scanned page from a magazine falls into the "fair use" category for numerous reasons. It could possibly be argued, but I think you're on very thin ice and I wouldn't recommend it. If Wheels wanted to get stroppy about it, then the owners of this board could get themselves into trouble for knowingly distributing copyright material IMO (just look at Kazaa). Not meaning to be difficult, just trying to be helpful...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobster
    It's a little off topic, but as someone who works in communications and publishing (print and internet) and is fairly familiar with copyright, I don't believe that publishing a scanned page from a magazine falls into the "fair use" category for numerous reasons. It could possibly be argued, but I think you're on very thin ice and I wouldn't recommend it. If Wheels wanted to get stroppy about it, then the owners of this board could get themselves into trouble for knowingly distributing copyright material IMO (just look at Kazaa). Not meaning to be difficult, just trying to be helpful...
    Lets take to PM as it is off topic. Perhaps we can discuss whether it falls within the criticism and review exemption. It is also arguably not a substantial part of the copyright work.