Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: type-S?

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    You could source a JDM ECU for your SS if you wanted, it isn't as rare as it seems, often those wrecked H22As being imported consisted quite fairly mixed with MT and SS, in NSW anyway.

I wouldn't see how running a JDM S ECU on a non-S engine would work like a JDM, it may crack-up, fire and run like a normal car but it's not recommended. I personally used BP Ultimate and the NOS Offroad Version Octane Boost during the entire period, filling-up isn't exactly "economical" but it certainly did work like a charm. Mind you though, there were other cooling modifications in place to ensure everything was fullproof to prevent "heat increase".

The few BB6s during my time that were playing around with electronic piggybags and stuff on the AU ECU faced numerous problems, (IE - Car performing worse than before after proper tuning, excessive fuel consumption, "CEL" constant activation etc). And it drew to the conclusion that such electronic devices were un-helpful and only adding further problems than solutions/performance increases, thus they were removed. I must say, you guys down in VIC must have better "VAFC tweakers" than we do up here.

And yes, it was a NSW registered JDM S. I can only wonder where or who owns the car now. :roll:

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    the engine that was in my car was from a Sir S Spec front cut....complete with ECU but w/Manual transmission and LSD....we ran the engine on in the front cut with ozzy fuel and we found problems running it....

Member Array
    Car:
    Forced Induction
    If you're still running this setup, perhaps you could try my fuel combination. If you want further details on smooth operation, drop me a PM. In short, the fuel is an important component and also keeping the engine in "optimum" temperature at all times. That's how I tuned the car and saw no problems to that.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    car is long gone, i had it running perfectly, all the way to 8500rpm....but it took a while to get the car like that....just seeing how you went about it....

atts models are rare. i missed out on one 18mths ago. 70000km for $23500

dam!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    There are 6 ways to tell if it a Type S
    1. It only came out in 2000 and after
    2. Red Engine (Type R engine)
    3. Night Hawk Black Pearl is unique to the Type S only
    4. ATTS
    5. Only comes in 5 speed MT
    6. Different Intake and Piston

Hehe that's not the type-s, it's the ozzy ATTS (+ a 20 bucks type-s) badge . Type-Ss have different under front spoiler.
    That an addon bodykit, but ur right about the Type S in the front... Type S dun have that badge in the front originally. I know bcoz i own one of the 1st Type S built and imported privately, plus badge that say much, it jus say what u have.. considering mine got badge anywayz :x

I'll get some pic on to show ya all when i have the chance

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    Quote Originally Posted by AP1 F20c

And yes, it was a NSW registered JDM S. I can only wonder where or who owns the car now. :roll:
    =redlineR hehe, *found*

btw it also has revised intake piping, but check out the link provided earlier in the thread(?) it pretty much covers everything

-az

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    For those that think that think that atype s is not much different than a normal h22a read below.

Tech Specs

H22A Spec S In order to produce more naturally aspirated power from an already powerful engine, Honda realized that it must improve on such things as intake resistance and heat dissipation. The H22A engine received yet another dosage of Honda's racing technology and custom engine work. Though not as widely known, the Type S engine, like the Type R engine, receives a port-&-polish job from Honda.

Engine

Improving on its already sky-high 10.6 compression ratio, Honda created a new piston head that increased the compression ratio to 11.0. By doing so, the burn-off response increased, helping heat dissipation, as well as improving torque throughout the power band. The VTEC valve timing, lift, and duration were also adjusted as well. The valve lift on the intake reaches 12.2mm, while the exhaust end reaches 11.2mm. As far as production engines go, these are really high numbers.

Intake
    Port & Polish

Honda felt that it would need to improve on the intake path to compliment the increased high-end performance. The air intake box was made into a funnel shape -- utilizing what Honda calls "dynamic chambers." The throttle body was also bored out from 60mm to 62mm. Even the material used in the inlet manifold was changed to a more fine, granular one in order to make it more smooth. The valve seat was re-adjusted from 60 to 45 degrees. Finally, the cylinder head and intake port was treated to a manual port-&-polish job by Honda technicians. Honda is making these engines as if they were meant for the track.

Exhaust

By lowering the intake resistance and making an engine that burns efficiently, Honda needed to finish its tuning job by allowing for the exhaust to get out smoothly. The exhaust manifold, while retaining its outer diameter, had its opening size increased. The dual-pipe design to follow was made truly cylindrical, (as opposed to oval) and the wall lining was made to 15mm -- decreasing exhaust interference. The catalytic converter was also increased in size, and the exhaust piping increased from 50.8mm to 57mm. The silencer efficiency was increased from 97 liters/second to 113 liters/second. This completes the improvements made on the air flow efficiency of the Prelude Type S.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    Make sure you quote where you got the info from - vtec.net

-az

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    thanks to accord wagon club for that info wwww.accordwagonclub.com

cam.