Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    i adjusted the fitv before i gave it too u.

if the ecu is throwing those codes, it means it cant find or has problems with those sensors.. a p28 should run a d15bvtec IMO. u really need a way to measure the mixures and make sure everything is in check - because wrong fuel maps can cause bad idle and everything else.
    the only reason i think that the ecu is throwing me all messed up codes is because i tested the wiring to the iacv.

what i did was got an IACV that i knew worked fine..

its got 2 wires coming out of the connector plug - 1 wire received 12v (black and yellow) and i tested this with a test light.

the other wire i wasn't sure if it was connect to A9 on the ecu properly. So I connected a new wire to the blue and yellow wire on the IACV plug and ran it DIRECTLY to the ecu pin A9.

Still gave me code 14.

Can anyone explain to me why?

Member Array
    would supplying 12v to the blue/yellow pin on the iacv also supply 12v to the black/yellow pin?

because this is whats happening for me at the moment.

Member Array
    BUMPO.

I've wired the blue/yellow wire directly to A9 on the ECU and the black.yellow wire directly to IG2 so i know the wiring it PERFECT for the IACV.

It stills gives me code 14.

Can someone please explain why?

Member Array
    another thing about the hunting idle is that it ONLY occurs when the engine warms up.

it will rev and idle fine when cold but after running for a little while it will start hunting.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    I reckon fix the TDC sensor in the dizzy first. Mainly because it controls the ECU reference point for RPM.

Have you checked the expected ECU voltages that I posted a few weeks ago??

The P28 ECU is for the D16Z6 and is fully capable of running the D15B VTEC from idle to VTEC switch point. The fuel maps only majorly differ from VTEC switch to redline.

All State Autos in Queensland should have a Honda P08 ECU in stock, not sure on prices but call them on 1800 505 517
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    the voltages were fine and didn't cause a problem.

any ideas on what i've done with the iacv?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    what is the resistance of the EACV disconected