Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    so wat station do u guys fill up at? i been told mobil the best for hondas. true or not?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    topic been covered.
    i average 400-480km on a full tank of Vortex98.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra Type R
    not 4 me....... 325-360km's! lol
    thats y i barely drive it
    Last edited by superR; 28-02-2006 at 08:42 PM.

I use BP 98-ultimate.

Do you guys get back fire from your exhausts, I get tham sometimes, I don't know if my car is running a bit rich or is that normal???

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    i use 98 octane all the time.. and its really important that u do cos i switching octanes even from jus 95 - 98 makes a big difference.. cos once i accidently put in jus the normal vortex and it was so sluggish and i probably got like 360km out of that without pushin hard very often..

i find that bp ultimate has given me the best mileage i got 530km but that was when the fuel indicator came on and i dint vtec once.. *i kno it took alot of restraining*

but i avg anywhere from 330km - 480km / tank or like 8.5L/100km - 12L/100km

stock car btw. i took out the air filter cos i was axing alot more cos of the freeway driving i do..
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    the most i have ever got was 420 in the 5 years ive owned the car and that was when i was driving on the freeway for some of the tank on the way to canberra

usually i get between 300 and 350... top cover off the box, thats why i dont understand hop people get big mileage.... i just like to enjoy driving it though so it doesnt matter

catching public transport means i drive even less, and usually means im not shy wih the gas pedal

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Integra VTi-R
    You guys should talk about ltrs/kms, not kms/tank. My DC2 VTiR uses about 10-11ltr/100kms. If I drive sedately (which I rarely do) I get ~7.7/100kms. Judging by 'tank' is not a good measurment, 'cuz everyone fills up at different times. I know it's not a Type R, but I get between 350 and 400kms before I fill up, but that's only 35-44ltrs of petrol, my tank is 50ltrs.

Also, on an EFI engine you shouldn't be letting your petrol get too low. I'd avoid letting the fuel light come on too often. There's crap that floats at the top of your tank, and if you let your fuel get low, you're likely to suck that crap in to the filter, causing less flow and issues with fuel delivery.

I never use anything but BP 98 Ultimate. Tried the others, and I notice more economy and the car feels a little more powerfull up high and touch more torquey down low with a tank of BP98 in it. Dunno why.
    Last edited by Shraka; 04-03-2006 at 08:15 PM.
    Torino Red '94 DC2 Integra VTi-R :: 96fwkw @7300rpm & 138fwNm @4100rpm :: 0-100 in 7.3 seconds

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    well that said im switching from mobil to bp thanks for ur help guys. just booked in my 100k service costing me 1k lol anyone know where i can buy toda timing belt?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by Shraka
    You guys should talk about ltrs/kms, not kms/tank. My DC2 VTiR uses about 10-11ltr/100kms. If I drive sedately (which I rarely do) I get ~7.7/100kms. Judging by 'tank' is not a good measurment, 'cuz everyone fills up at different times. I know it's not a Type R, but I get between 350 and 400kms before I fill up, but that's only 35-44ltrs of petrol, my tank is 60ltrs.

Also, on an EFI engine you shouldn't be letting your petrol get too low. I'd avoid letting the fuel light come on too often. There's crap that floats at the top of your tank, and if you let your fuel get low, you're likely to suck that crap in to the filter, causing less flow and issues with fuel delivery.

I never use anything but BP 98 Ultimate. Tried the others, and I notice more economy and the car feels a little more powerfull up high and touch more torquey down low with a tank of BP98 in it. Dunno why.

Hmmmmz i think all DC2s have 50 litre tanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Integra VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by Da1nONLY
    Hmmmmz i think all DC2s have 50 litre tanks!
    Heh, oops. Pressed wrong key. I allways do that with 6 and 5.

Anyway, yeah, point still remains.
    Torino Red '94 DC2 Integra VTi-R :: 96fwkw @7300rpm & 138fwNm @4100rpm :: 0-100 in 7.3 seconds

Member Array
    Car:
    ap1.5
    stock airbox with removed resonator..and a dodgy piping leadin straight towards the box..this still included as stndard:P

it sounds like you've got a heavy foot my friend