Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic

The definitive 'what lip/grill will fit on my ek' thread

Thought that this might help some people out:
    • All ek hatch rear bumpers are the same - so a hatch rear lip will suit any 96-00 hatch.
    • Coupe, sedan and hatch front lips are compatible, but only within the same model range (ie 96-98 and 99-00) - so a 96 sedan front lip will suit a 98 coupe, but not a 99 coupe/hatch/sedan.
    • 96-98 lips are also known as pre-facelift lips compared to 99-00 which are also known as facelifted lips.
    • Coupe and sedan rear lips are interchangable.
    • Coupe and sedan rear lips are longer in the sides than hatches and will only fit on a hatch with modification.
    While I am at it, front grilles only work within the model years as well. Ie a 99 hatch front grille will only only suit a 99-00 model civic.

Genuine Honda lips have a tendancy to fit better and include a bracket system that attaches to the lip and fixs with screws/bolts to the bumper. Aftermarket lips that I have seen dont tend to have this.

Please feel free to add more detail or correct me where I am wrong.
    Last edited by jackosimm; 02-03-2006 at 01:00 PM. Reason: jacko edit: updated title
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole

sedan/coupe/hatch bonnet, headlights and frender r interchangeable...

rear tailights all hatch interchangeable

coupe s taillights all 96-00 interchangeable

sedan tailights 96-98 r diff from 99-00
    Last edited by |N|; 02-03-2006 at 01:01 PM.

Genious! Updating stickies now!
    WDM. World Domestic Market.

Subaru y0!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Connex Yo!!!
    96-98 & 99-00 coupe or sedan rear lips are NOT interchangeable. howeva a modified 96-98 rear lip will fit 99-00 (i've seen this in person). Not sure the other way round.
    Last edited by Kerdze; 03-03-2006 at 12:41 PM.

Regarding the 99-00 civic rear lip, I know what the EM1 rear lip looks like. Is it the same style for the sedan ?

If not, can someone post a pic of the rear lip for 99-00 civic sedan ?

Thanks.

Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by elim
    Regarding the 99-00 civic rear lip, I know what the EM1 rear lip looks like. Is it the same style for the sedan ?

If not, can someone post a pic of the rear lip for 99-00 civic sedan ?

Thanks.
    The rear lips look exactly the same. I do believe however that there is a thin line looking lip that you see on some coupes in the states.

They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic cxi

Can i put a 96-98 front lip on a 99-00 ek?

I really like the style of the ctr front lip but i can only find it in for the 96-98 ...will this fit my 99-00 ek??

Member Array
    Car:
    97EK1 and 95GQ
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyB
    I really like the style of the ctr front lip but i can only find it in for the 96-98 ...will this fit my 99-00 ek??
    no, just as a kouki(99-00) lip wont fit on a zenki(96-98) (i felt like being smart ) also, they are completely different, however what ive become to belive is that the CTR 99-00 lip is the same as the SI civic from the states, dont know if this helps you though.

Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyB
    As 97ek1 stated, it will not fit. That being said, I have seen copy lips that have been reworked to fit the facelifted model - check ebay in the states.

Speak with Leo (PM 'Hondar') as I know that he did have some genuine ctr lips to suit the facelifted hatch a while ago.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    i can't c y anyone would want the 96-98 lip to fit 99-00, too chunky for the streamlined facelift look.

however i have seen many 99-00 lips fitted to 96-98, looks ok i guess, hehe.

anyway, yeah the 99-00 ctr and usdm si/audm em1 lips are exactly the same.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Does anyone know any bodykit places or where to buy aftermarket front and rear lips for a EM1 civic coupe around sydney.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    carmate haha
    ---------

i think mod should lock this thread or clean it so only those INFORMATIVE replys are kept and relevant info can be updated...and make this a stickie