Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC2R gearbox

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2 2000 model

Red face DC2R gearbox

I was wondering if there is anyone out there with a problem with their dc2r gearbox..My dc2r gearbox crunches almost all 5 gears when gearing up/down. My mechanic goes that the problem possible occured when gearing at high rpms..And also assumed that the car may have been taken to the tracks.

My mechanic is suggesting that is it either the syncrome or the gearbox itself that is causing it to crunch frequently. I am willing to buy a new gearbox, but it is almost impossible to find. If anyones had a problem like this or know anything about it, please help me out.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    yeah, your syncro's are probably gone. previous owner must have given it a good thrashing. You would be looking at like $2500+ for a new gearbox. If you look around hard enough you might be able to find a 2nd hand one. I sold one not long ago, freshly rebuilt for $1500.

Another option is just get a new set of syncro's and get it rebuilt. Probably cost you around the a bit over the $1000.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 94 Vti
    hey... would you know if the integra vtir 1995 gearbox go with a dc2r 2000??

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Pda
    hey... would you know if the integra vtir 1995 gearbox go with a dc2r 2000??
    yes it WILL fit but man it's a big step backwards !! for starters there's no LSD in the VTiR box and also the VTiR box has taller gear ratios.. better for highway cruising but SLOWER in terms of acceleration.

IMO you should have your DC2-R box rebuilt..

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Tru..

Yes it does sound like your gear synchros are gone. Buy yourself a new set of Synchros and have them installed. Your gearbox will need a full rebuild to fix the problem. It is advised to do this rather to buy a second hand gearbox because no one knows the history nof that box and it could be in worse condition as yours.
    Cost about $1000 ish

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Yeah and Adam is talking from EXERIENCE here so listen good !!

when you replace the synchros, replace ALL bearrings and seals at the same time and the result will be a box that is as good as new and should last another 100,000kms.

Ay dude. If it is crunching in Hi-revs and happens in all 5 gears...It could be the clutch dude, the clutch might not be engagin properly. Get the clutch checked out just in case.

I been through all this in my previous car, I had a 1990 celica GT4. And the gearbox and clutch are the major and common problems with these cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    yeh all 5 gears is a bit sus.. id look into clutch also
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2 2000 model
    yeh... clutch has been checked... its fine...

Woah ... Buy a new gearbox will cost alot and also hard to find..
    My mechanic said something similar... That if i buy a second hand gearbox the condition could be bad...

So if i change all synchros, would it still crunch?

Member Array
    Car:
    '99 Integra Type R.
    Quote Originally Posted by homeo87
    So if i change all synchros, would it still crunch?

No...
    Change the synchros & the seals ( & as advise before.... But Bearing is alittle O.T.T. Extra$$...but yeah, it should be close to like new after all that)
    But that'll do it.

Oi dude, if u wana temporary relieve for a while, use Auto Tranny Fluid man. Trust me it works, it wont do more damage, it works the same as GM Syncromesh fluid.

Celica GT4 (St185)'s are common with gearbox syncros wearing especially in 2nd and 3rd, and i owned one. They are a bitch to fix, labour wise. And as a temporary relief i used Auto Gear box fluid, until i sold the car. People on the forum that i use to talk to about the gearbox all used it and told me to do it as a temporary relief. So give that a go man

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    You better ask your mechanic or a gearbox expert before you put Auto Gear Box fluid into your gearbox. Because from my experience with putting in the wrong gearbox fluid into my dc2r was a costly adventure. Like you my gears were crunching so i replace the gearbox fluid with honda gearbox fluid (i sure it was not lsd). A month or so down the track my diff blew. A couple of months of stuffing around by the mechanic and $3500 in debt i got my car back with a rebuilt gearbox, new diff and new clutch.

So let this be a lesson to you all put the right fluid into your gearbox.