Thread: b16a in a sedan

b16a in a sedan

hey guys,

just looking for some feed back of anyone who has done b16a in a vti sedan.... just like to know how much diffrence to hatch in power and handling and such and such,
    but any feed back at all would be great.

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    i would also like to know those exact questions lol and perhaps a b18c VTi-R motor aswell?
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    While I havent done this swap I would have thought that checking out the weight of the sedan to the hatch as well as the general weight distribution of the sedan vs the hatch might hold some insight into making your decision.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    everything is basically identical in the EG series.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

I just finished putting a B18C into a EG Sedan. Its awesome! Lightened flywheel, new clutch, headers and cai and it really pulls hard

Suprisingly the car is very smooth to drive even with the lightened flywheel. I was expecting a bit more jerky but its great.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG8 Civic
    I have a 95 EG8 Civic GLi Sedan.

Removed the D15B7 and fitted a B16A.
    Only had to take 3 wires from the 94 EG6 Si hatch harness (front cut) for the VTEC control.

Everything else was a straight fit.

I also have Koni struts and 1 1/2 inch lowered king springs.
    Good fun

i just finish a b18cr in my sedan i swoped over everything fron the type r onto the eg i reckon the hatch pulls better as it is lighter but the sedan handles better i had a hatch before with a b18c in it and it goes really good
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    feels pretty much the same dude.. ive had b16a in both eg sedan and hatch..both fast. but i reckon hatch handles a tiny bit better... but pretty much the same. but even so, nothing a good suspension setup cant fix.

u do this and youll get power hungry. lol.. i got a h22 eg sedan atm.. handles worse, but i got tien HA's so its not too bad.

so i say skip all of it and go straight for K20. hahaha thats whats up next!