Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Vti-R

Is this possible?

Hey all, im curios about something, is it possible to rebuild an engine completly. So essentially its like have a brand new engine with 0kms on the clock?

its replacing most parts of an engine and returning to as close to stock clearances as possible -

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK Vti-R
    I see. Anyone know what the ballpark figure is for a b16a?

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    yeh its possible but i think if you want a brand new motor you can order them from honda. i think it will work out cheaper if you do it that way instead rebuilding it. if you were gonna build it with honda parts expect you pockets to be empty when your done
    Last edited by jimmeh; 04-03-2006 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmeh
    yeh its possible but i think if you want a brand new motor you can order them from honda. i think it will work out cheaper if you do it that way instead rebuilding it. if you were gonna build it with honda parts expect you pockets to be empty when your done
    totally agree - any engine (or car for that matter) , stripped down to individual parts prices will be a large amount more to make up , rather than just buy the thing new as a package.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmeh
    expect you pockets to be empty when your done
    empty pockets is good weight reduction tho.

Member Array
    Yes getting a new long block will be cheaper and quicker but if you want to customize the parts you can do a basic rebuild for about the same price. We get long blocks for about $3500USD shipped and can do a rebuild for the same, that's pistons, rods, polish the crank, head/valve work with new valves, springs and retainers, new/resurfaced fly wheel, balance the rotating assembly, all machining, cleaning, and final assembly. Build time is about 4 weeks at most.

Honda parts aren't much more and some are less than aftermarket parts. It's the shipping that will get you for any of them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    Crate engine from Japan if you want a stocker.

I believe CRD in Sydney have a B16A crate engine they can get in, that put outs 220Hp or something close to that, for under $12,000 fitted and tuned. Prices might have gone up or dropped since 2003 though.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS