Thread: Vtir handling

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir

Vtir handling

Hey ive got a dc2 vtir and the handling on it sucks, its heaps low and ive got 18s on it, just wondering what would be the best set up for it to make it handle bit better. I dont take it to the track or anything just sometimes if i take a corner to fast or change lanes quick car feels heaps unstable probaly got to do with the tyres as well there 35 profile..

get a rear swaybar upgrade.

or even use our search feature !

Click here to search for previous topics on this !

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    SEARCH is your FRIEND.

Member Array
    Car:
    going merry
    Smaller wheels, better suspension, springs, upgrade rear sway bar. Atm Im running whiteline controls on stock shocks and handling is pretty good. Saving a bit more to upgrade suspension and swaybar. Bigger wheels = bumpier ride

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    yeah i dont really wana put smaller wheels. and the ride is fine lik when im driving straight just cornering doesnt feel good. got king springs or k mac not sure there orange.

Member Array
    Orange would mean they are K-mac...shitty springs...I know...they are on my car...

Member Array
    Car:
    going merry
    well start on the springs then since they're cheap, $298 for set of 4 whiteline control, sound like ur like ur car dumped then go for flat outs, i think they same price. If ur suspension are still doin good u'll notice a huge difference in handling just on spring and stock shocks alone. Not the best but its a big improvement over stock.

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Get yourself a good shock/spring combo. Or if you want to stay dumped get a decent set of coilovers.

This will help the handling the most.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

I originally had lowered springs in my VTi-R Civic Coupe, although a different car share many of the same components to the integra. I eventually went for a thicker rear sway bar and Coilovers. The car turned on a Dime and the ride quality did not suffer. Remember though if your going for coilovers, a good set of Tires are essential.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 vtir
    Yeah il prob end up getting coilovers eventually, what brands would you recomomend, and is the height adjustable so the car can be dumped?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek4
    i have Tein Flex in my car.... it is very good to me...
    lot better in corners... and i heard Cusco is very good ....