Tyres, Lowering & Camber & Price

hey guys.

i'm having difficulty with my setup. I would like to ask that if you were to have 17" wheels, is it necessary to roll the guards?

lets say i have 1.9" springs at the front. Will it cause rubbing? or does that also depends on the offset? for example.. 205/40 with +40 offset. is this the ideal setup to have WITHOUT having to roll guards?

also.. whats the life expentacy if i was to go on without a camber kit?
    i know that if it was 18" then hell yeah, rubber gone in no time. but will 17 affect my tyres dearly?

another thing. If i was to go have this setup and keep my standard shocks.. will it affect the springs so much that it will sag til it rubs?

I'm also trying to avoid high price, coz im pretty cheap.

any feedback is appreciated.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    How wide are the wheels you are talking about? This will also determine if you need to roll your guards.

I assume when you say a 1.9" spring you mean that you will have just under a 2 inch drop? If so, you shouldnt have a problem with a 7 inch wide rim with that offset and tyre.

In regards to camber, that is not what you have to worry about (as long as you have reasonable camber - say less than negative 2). You need to make sure that your toe is as close to zero as possible. If you can ensure this (just having an alignment should do it) then you shouldnt have a problem wearing through tyres (whether they are 17 or 18's).

Re standard shocks - do a search. The shocks themselves shouldnt make the springs sag (at least as I understand it) but they will lessen the life of your shock rather significantly depending on the size of the drop on the springs. You need to remember that your shocks wernt made for low springs.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

As above, keep the camber below -2 degrees and you should be fine.

If you have anything greater than (more negative) about -1.0 degree, and you do lots of highway KM's you will see big wear in the tyres.

AFAIK, the wheels and offsets you said should be fine, ive heard heaps of people using similar sized wheels without rolling their gaurds.

one more thing, whats the cause of loudness on the tyres?

u know that sound when your driving and all you can hear are the tyres?

Quote Originally Posted by hunterD
    one more thing, whats the cause of loudness on the tyres?

u know that sound when your driving and all you can hear are the tyres?
    the compound of the rubber , the tread design ( more channels = less noise etc) , the PSI of the actual tyre and wheel alignment settings all are factors

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Integra GSi
    Ive just got 18 x 7.5" on my DC4 Teg (i know may bit different to EM1) and lowered on Super Lows which are probly about 2-2.5" drop. I havnt had my guards rolled and I have no scrubbing (except for in front at full lock on inside of wheel well I believe..but u just take it easy on 3 point turns..make em 4 lol) and no scrubbin at back and my rear guards are tuckin a lil tyre as well!!
    Not sure on camber or toe yet as Im getting my wheel alignment done next week

So all in all I reckon u shouldnt have a problem with scrubbing but as mentioned above..keep camber and toe in mind at get it checked out