Member Array
    Car:
    nival

DC2 feeling a tad sluggish...

As the thread suggests, I've noticed my 98 DC2 Vtir running a tad sluggish. By that I mean it just doesnt seem to be halling ass the way it used to. Let me explain.

Currently 73,000 kms with AEM SRI and Full exhaust (4-2-1 Header, high flow cat, 2.25 inch piping etc). When i first got the car it would chirp 2nd gear when i pushed it. Then that stopped happening. Then i got the exhaust, it too would chirp into 2nd. Now thats stopped.

About 1 month ago I cam home after a "hard drive" and noticed the clutch smelt a bit. Then after a while my pedal when pressed and depressed is squeeking sometimes. I feel like its just not as responsive and quick though the 2-4k rpm as it used to be. Maybe my clutch is starting to slip a little, I cant tell 100%.

All i really know is that it feels off. Is the clutch not handling the power uppage? have i driven it too hard? maybe i should opt for heavy duty clutch or does it just need a tune & service (due for one in 2000 k's)

Opinions please

Sounds like your clutch could be worn. The squeak tends to be from the clutch master cylinder. As your clutch wears your master cylinder adjusts to compensate. As the cylinder reaches full excursion it will begin to squeak. Check for leaking fluid, but u could be up for a new clutch.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    tunign and service allways help and this should be done as general manitenance
    the clutch could be on its way out instead of spinnign the wheels do the revs lift and you take of a bit sluggish?
    you have probably driven your car hard and the clutch has wear and tear

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Beat
    flush and bleed the sustem this may help and prolong the life of the warn clutch

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18c
    sounds like your clutch....
    had same thing happen with last car...
    but that was defenetly too much power.
    went from 140hp to 300hp with stock factory clutch.
    get a lightweight flywheel to.
    Nissan S15: 12.6@113mph
    Integra GSi: 15.1@91mph
    Civic B18c N/A : 14.1@98mph
    CRX B18c N/A : 13.9@101mph

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    YELLOW DC2R
    itll be ur clutch slipping lightly u cant feel it but it is
    i suggest u go heavy duty and lighten ur flywheel itll cost u @6-700 buks but its well worth the muny

u wnt be chirpn the tyres ull be frying them

i just put a heavy clutch in my DC2 ITR dun the flywheel and blv it or not it managed to chirp 4th gear i freaked a bit but like ripley says blv it or not

Member Array
    Car:
    nival
    Thats the thing. I want to upgrade to ITR same time next year. De mod my car and swap over. is it worth it when I'll be de modding in a years time? and is that 6-700 bucks just for parts, coz labor is expensive as hell for these kinda jobs..?

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    Sounds like clutch issues but still check the spark plugs and injectors. I know it hasnt done that many kilometres but its worth a check anyway before you spend big money.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Formula Red AP1 S2000
    a good indication for a spark plug /injectors issue is to check for excessive black smoke coming from the exhaust which is usually caused by a mis-fire
    2001 95 Integra VTIR
    2006 97 Prelude VTIR
    2007 01 S2000

Member Array
    Car:
    90 Integra LS
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyf1
    a good indication for a spark plug /injectors issue is to check for excessive black smoke coming from the exhaust which is usually caused by a mis-fire
    Or a headgasket leak

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    YELLOW DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by zen
    Thats the thing. I want to upgrade to ITR same time next year. De mod my car and swap over. is it worth it when I'll be de modding in a years time? and is that 6-700 bucks just for parts, coz labor is expensive as hell for these kinda jobs..?
    thats for parts i got labour for free my bro is mechanic