Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R

Two Pinned Sensor Located Near Thermostat?

Can anyone please tell me what the two pinned brown sensor located at the rear of the thermostat is responsible for on a DC2 Integra VTi-R? After thinking I was yet another victim of a faulty thermostat like most Integra owners the thermostat tested fine, but the two pinned sensor was an open circuit, showing no reading at all at hot and cold coolant temps. I have had varied cold temperature readings of late, and poor fuel economy suggesting an open thermostat, but since it tested fine I just need to know what the role of the sensor is so I don't have to change unneccessary parts.

Thanks,
    Warren

the 2 pin sensor ? its one of the ICT sensors ( other one is on the block under the exhaust cam , next to the temp gauge sensor

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    It's hard to explain the position of the sensor but it's after the thermostat, on the hose side of the removable piece, if that makes sense???

Is it this one ? Its a coolant temp sensor

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R

Bennjamin,

Thanks for your help for far but I couldn't really tell from your image so I took my own. Photo is taken looking into the engine bay from the right guard, to the left is the beginning of the CAI (injen writing), just so people can gain a perspective of what we are looking at. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the subject now. By the way what does ICT stand for??

Waz
    Last edited by Wazza; 18-03-2006 at 02:26 PM.

that IS the exact same thing as shown in my picture. Its a thermosensor ~ there is another sensor the same on the block too.

Im guessing it dosent effect the readings so much , since it possibly is linked with the other sensor on the block

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    Thanks,

I guessed it was the same sensor but just wanted to double check to make sure. So in otherwords this is the cause of my low temp readings and poor fuel economy? Could it at all result in a hunting idle?

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza
    Thanks,

I guessed it was the same sensor but just wanted to double check to make sure. So in otherwords this is the cause of my low temp readings and poor fuel economy? Could it at all result in a hunting idle?

Waz

Yes
    DIY it back into place.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Type R
    It is in place, however the sensor itself is an open circuit suggesting I will need to buy a new sensor... Was your yes referring to the hunting idle as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza
    It is in place, however the sensor itself is an open circuit suggesting I will need to buy a new sensor... Was your yes referring to the hunting idle as well?
    if the ECU's sensor readings for coolant temp are not correct , then the idle will fluctuate too -

but wait for someone like ECU MAN to reply with a indepth opinon

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    that sensor is the thermo fan temp swtich, at low temp its open circuit, when the engine heats up it goes closed circuit to bridge the circuit to enable the thermofan.