Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    You can just top it off, but from what u said about the friction point, it sounds like you simply need a new clutch.

1) How many killometers has the car done?

2) Has the clutch ever been replaced before?

Clutches usually get changed at around 150,000km. Less if you ride the clutch alot.
    Last edited by EuroDude; 23-03-2006 at 08:40 PM.
    .© ♪

You're due for a new clutch mate! I experienced the same slipping with mine, very embarassing when it sounds like you're riding the clutch all the time. Anyway, take my word on this, buy an aftermarket flywheel to put in too coz its cheaper to put this in when they replace the clutch, and chances are theyre gunna do some work to your flywheel anyway. They machined mine, without even asking if i wanted to upgrade it or anything. It wasnt in the quote either, so it was a rude little shock.
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    yep def sounds like clutch is going, if you are paying someone to change it for you ask them to inspect the gearset seal,
    9 times out of 10 oil has leaked thru from the gear set onto the clutch disk thus creating a slipping clutch.
    last thing you want is to pay $400 labour only to find that in 3 weeks time itl need it again
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    the lude
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude

1) How many killometers has the car done?

2) Has the clutch ever been replaced before?
    1. its done around 135k+..

2. and i dont think it has been replaced, as the guy said he has not changed anything in the car since he bought it. .. and i've had this car since it was about 120ish. .

and alright i think i may have to start looking for all these parts sometime soon lol

thanks to all for your input and help with this . .

- much appreciated.
    .. h o n d a