Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec>turbo
    tell me: how many of these wickedly mega turboed d16s actually lasted?

no little ausdm d16 rubbish will last long when u chuck boost thru it
    Mine lasted a little over a year (40,000km boosted) 150,000km total, beating on it everyday, killing B-series every friday and nissans saturdays and subbys sunday morning on the way home. THis was until i decided it was too slow and rebuilt it for high boost. It put out 140kw @ 11psi. Stock internals. Stock head, Stock intake manifold. Log exhaust manifold. I upgraded because i wanted more then a NSX killer. It ran 13.9@101mph.

Also i put this too you.
    How long to u think a 'race' engine will last. an b16 that makes 130kw is gonna be revving to 10k atleast. Go ask spoon how many races there engines last until they need to be rebuilt
    Last edited by Weq; 28-03-2006 at 05:43 PM.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Saxman,
    Are you making those manifolds? what's the story there?

Quote Originally Posted by saxman

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    had the manifold made for me by a guy in canada... that's a photo he took for me while it was being made. Only photo I have of it bolted up. Had it custom made for me so I could retain a/c with an internal wastegate(had a take off for an external wastegate added to allow for ease of expansion later on if/when I decided to either sell it or switch to an external wastegate set up). Cost me $450 to have made.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Prelude VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmeh
    Dude they baited you and you fell for it hook line and sinker. that timeslip is from turbo d.

saxman- y do u even bother with these ppl. ill bet that most of anti D ppl have never been inside a turbo D. let alone stood next to one.
    I didnt fall for anything. i was talking about the MODS to the b16b. i love the idea of doing that to such a rare and tuff na engine. who cares about the time slip. y are u guys talking about power and torque and stuff about a turbo honda. isnt the point of this thread to establish that the b16 is a better engine than the d16??? or vice versa ??

as someone said, all things being equal a b16a is by far a better engine imo. any car and any engine can be quick if u turbo it and spend big dollars making it reliable. just like a turboed d16. its like saying a rb26 is a superior engine SIMPLY coz of its torque and power etc compared to a na b18c, for example. i think u have to compare like to like. rb26 vs b18c is not a fair comparison. comparing a turbo d16 to a na b16 is not fair either. they are built for different intentions. one most would say is built for drags and the other, most would say is built for the track. they are a different engines. and have different aims.

respect to any honda running 12s or lower. it is a fair effort. do not get me wrong. all i am saying is that if we compare in relation to what most hondas are built for (circuit/track) most would agree that the general idea is not necessarily based around power and torque, but moreover, reliabilty, well balanced chassis, lightweight construction and REVS REVS AND MORE REVS. lol

my opinion. all ppl have different ones.

and jimmeh: iv beaten a turbo d (not a very good one mind you). there are not many GOOD around here in brisbane i can tell you that much. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    we're comparing a turbo d16 and an n/a b16 because for someone looking to make power in their honda, they're both readily available options that aren't that far apart in cost. One of the pros of the d16 over the b16 is that for the same price as the stock b16, you can make FAR more power. That's a pretty good pro in my mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec>turbo
    I didnt fall for anything. i was talking about the MODS to the b16b. i love the idea of doing that to such a rare and tuff na engine. who cares about the time slip. y are u guys talking about power and torque and stuff about a turbo honda. isnt the point of this thread to establish that the b16 is a better engine than the d16??? or vice versa ??
    U still dont get it do you...... there was never a b16b... no b16b with mods... it was a timeslip that was MADE with a turboD. it was disguised to show how biased the JDM ricers are!! ie YOU.

edity: the thread was flawed from the start. Actually i think i went off topic about 3 pages ago. I think the main points are

D16
    PRO:
    Cheap and good power NA or turbo

CON:
    Expensive to get GREAT of power NA

B16:
    PRO:
    Cheaper to get GREAT power

CON:
    Expensive to get good power NA or turbo

Conclusion:
    *Swapping a b-series engine into a D-sries car is expensive for power/$ ratio in stock form. SAme amount of money will get u a monster D.

* GREAT power is made easier with b-series. the DOHC vtec head design allows for superior power ratio per mod.

* JDM ricers cant tell the difference between a hardcore NA b16, or a stock turbo d16.

* JDM ricers will never respect turbo honda's, even though they are much faster around the track then a NA honda, because they beleive it goes against honda's heritage...

* Honda heritage was not about producing fast cars.
    Last edited by Weq; 28-03-2006 at 10:28 PM.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    #28R
    Correction:

Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    D16
    PRO:
    Cheap and good power NA (modified) or turbo
    You probably already have one
    If it blows it's cheap to replace

CON:
    Expensive to get GREAT of power NA

B16:
    PRO:
    Cheaper to get GREAT power
    Good power to begin with
    Better base to work from if money aint an issue

CON:
    Expensive to get good power NA or turbo
    ...the return of

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Weq
    The 20k i invested into that engine, was worth every penny. Its NA, so it has way more control then any turbo rice rocket.
    lol u mightve overspent ur money on a decent NA engine with juice , but in the end u have a shit car, its disgusting when ur going around a tight curve and ur wheels lock up and u go into the gutter...
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Quote Originally Posted by mj3610
    lol u mightve overspent ur money on a decent NA engine with juice , but in the end u have a shit car, its disgusting when ur going around a tight curve and ur wheels lock up and u go into the gutter...
    weq has a turbo motor... he was being sarcastic... again

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman
    weq has a turbo motor... he was being sarcastic... again
    i never get his sarcasm he never makes sense, but anyways, i still stand with what i said, thats why i dont like hondas much even tho i drive one...
    Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    ballers like barefootbonzai can afford to spend money on his car and save for a future...

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    not all hondas understeer... all has to do with how the suspension is set up.

From the factory they do, as most cars, even rwd, do, because automobile manufactures think it's safer for the car to understeer than to oversteer.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    It's a suspension and tyres thing. You could also stiffen the rear swaybar and put more slippery tyres on the rear to encourage oversteer if you prefer it. I also find that understeer is a relatively simple thing to correct, assuming you weren't attempting a really sharp corner with hardly any drift space. Front wheel drives will never be the same as RWD though, so if you prefer a RWD, don't get a Honda... No excuse really :P
    If I had a d series engine and my only requirement was raw power, I wouldn't bother with a swap. I follow the same theory with my b16a CRX. I would have got an integra if I wanted a b18c. You're better off working with what you've got, unless you have specific goals, ie a full race N/A engine. Then I'd recommend buying a b series half cut. Personally my goal is a high revving 1600cc class hill/mountain racer.