Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    yeah i wouldnt go by gtech times. they're very optimistic. gyro sytems which can actually measure to such accuracies cost far more than what a gtech costs. they also require constant callibration.
    its like relying on the public airpump at your local servo to give you an accurate measurement of your tyre pressure
    i know it sounds like we're all hating but such big calls require hard evidence to be backed up with and i've never seen a gtech time considered an official time.
    very keen to see the end result though
    Last edited by sivic; 14-02-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    Thanks tinkerbell. Hoping to get some good news in the next few days if chemo works.

I used the MoTec M800 data log to calculate the acceleration rate/wheelspin/time/speed, etc and the data adds up to a theoretical 12.64 with a terminal velocity of 110.7Mph. The G-Tech was quicker than this figure but I doubt the MoTec can fudge numbers with the data it controls/reads.

Of course, we all would know that getting that sort of time on a drag strip, where all sorts of variables(temp,grip,nerves) can occur is why I want her to post a legitimate time(which I wanted to do at WSID)

I see no reason why a sub 13 pass is not feasible on street tyres. If slicks can get 60ft times down to a <1.9, a low 12 is possible with my 50Kg girlfriend driving.
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhappy46
    Thanks tinkerbell. Hoping to get some good news in the next few days if chemo works.

I used the MoTec M800 data log to calculate the acceleration rate/wheelspin/time/speed, etc and the data adds up to a theoretical 12.64 with a terminal velocity of 110.7Mph. The G-Tech was quicker than this figure but I doubt the MoTec can fudge numbers with the data it controls/reads.

Of course, we all would know that getting that sort of time on a drag strip, where all sorts of variables(temp,grip,nerves) can occur is why I want her to post a legitimate time(which I wanted to do at WSID)

I see no reason why a sub 13 pass is not feasible on street tyres. If slicks can get 60ft times down to a <1.9, a low 12 is possible with my 50Kg girlfriend driving.

soz i was looking all over pulsar.org for the info. hope to see slips soon!
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a 1990 ED Civic
    Video 1
    2nd Gear take off, due to broken engine mounts, grab 3rd as speedo shows actual road speed, 3rd gear wheels spin to about 140K's, grab 4th as road speed slows to 100k's and then watch it wind out to 200k's in the wet!

Video 2
    3rd gear from 60K's, grab 4th as the speedo slows to represent road speed then out to 180K's in 4th gear.

Video 3
    4th gear wheelspin in the wet, back off throttle then back to WOT and watch that speedo fly!

MANY MANY thanks to dsp26 from PGA for his conversion of the .3gp's files I sent him.

Hope to have my last 2 videos available shortly...
    N14 Pulsar - VQ35 swap, Kelford C spec cams, 12.7:1CR, 6 speed HLSD, BC coilovers & 350Z 12.6" F brakes
    Smashed VY SS Ute: Teins, AP Racing brakes, Billet wheels, lazy 481rwKw TT kit - PICS

Member Array
    Car:
    my06 wrx STi
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki
    ....?

ahhaaaa

Dude, FFS take it to a drag strip...PLEASE!!!!!

He's saving his 'debut' for the 28th of march. 2 months away Until then, I suppose...

Member Array
    Car:
    VX II SS, 75 HJ 355
    Quote Originally Posted by v3ctourist
    He's saving his 'debut' for the 28th of march. 2 months away Until then, I suppose...
    28th of March was yesterday...do you mean May?

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhappy46
    Video 1
    2nd Gear take off, due to broken engine mounts, grab 3rd as speedo shows actual road speed, 3rd gear wheels spin to about 140K's, grab 4th as road speed slows to 100k's and then watch it wind out to 200k's in the wet!

Video 2
    3rd gear from 60K's, grab 4th as the speedo slows to represent road speed then out to 180K's in 4th gear.

Video 3
    4th gear wheelspin in the wet, back off throttle then back to WOT and watch that speedo fly!

MANY MANY thanks to dsp26 from PGA for his conversion of the .3gp's files I sent him.

Hope to have my last 2 videos available shortly...

yeh ok, ill watch the videos later... funny how you picked a wet day to do all this huge 4th gear wheelspinning.... then running to 200....

????? why do i in wet weather, you said it spins 1,2,3 in dry? surely you could show us all, since your bothering to post a video... at least in the dry?

and unfortunately you had a broken engine mount....? you built the motor yourself, your old mans an ex v8 driver, and you go out and put a video together to show all us honda boys what your car is capable of with a ****ing broken engine mount?

go to the track mate, do it in sydney, and make a thread which DEFINITIVELY SAYS WHEN YOU ARE GOING

UNTIL THEN, STFU AND GTFO

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    compact attack maybe ?
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com