Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hi all

jus would like your feedback on this

i need to do an oil change soon on my vtir integra and was wondering what oil would best suit it

some details of my car
    its has run more than 170,000 kms and its a 94 model

also any specific oil filters that i have to use?

heard good things about honda motor oil but given the age of the engine i'm not really sure what to use

at 170,000km i'd be spending a lil more on oil (than usual heheh) personally i'd choose an oil with a heavier weighting... everything is getting a bit old and you probably want some added protection.

dunno maybe a synthetic 5w-50? or 10w-40?

HOnda oil is great!

Quote Originally Posted by type one
    at 170,000km i'd be spending a lil more on oil (than usual heheh) personally i'd choose an oil with a heavier weighting... everything is getting a bit old and you probably want some added protection.

dunno maybe a synthetic 5w-50? or 10w-40?

HOnda oil is great!
    you want more than 10w-40

go the 50

casrtrol formula R. they gots 5-30 and 10-50 (i think). but yeh castrol formula R is the BEST.

for integra's i would run a 15-50 oil.... 5 or 10 would be thin... its good once in a while but i would NOT run it on a daily basis.... would only run it for drags and stuff.... u do feel the power difference but it is very thin... therefore wearing your engine out.... if u use it too often you would notice your engine's noise getting louder and stuff over time... definitely recommend 15-50.... also for older engines i normally use thicker oil to reduce wear and also noise...

also correct me if i am wrong but i always thought honda used mineral based oil////

oil filter just use any for eg ryco.....
    they are all essentially the same except for the type r''s you would want to get the oem ones.... cause they are smaller to run better pressure...

i would use 7.5w/50.........get it from Nissan Dealer.....it will give a smooth ride and a better life for yur engine

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    We use MOTUL oils for performance service & Valvoline for normal services...
    15W40 / 20W40 / 20W50 are suitable
    For what it's worth, engines with solid lifters don't need as thin oil as those with modern hydraulic lifters... (Eg SR20DET)
    Thinner oils also cause engines to be unusually harsh & noisy...
    (That is - sound like a tractor)

I prefer an OEM filter however any Aust standards approved filter is more than acceptable... Examples: Ryco, Copper etc...
    Best filter available is probably FRAM (Remote mount required)

If in any doubt...
    Use HONDA engine oil & oil filter...
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    I did my first oil change about 3 weeks ago and used Mobil 1 and i was amazed at the how much of a difference it made. I hear of people using Mobil gold, its like $86 a pop. Anyone here use it in there Teg??? is it any good??? whats the difference to Mobil 1???

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    FEO R or Mobil 1 synth

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR
    im currently using honda oil
    apparently rob@hanny's said its realli good

its onli 10w-30 prety thin !!!

wat are ur opinions on honda oil???

does any1 wanna buy a 5 litre off me?? because i got a few