Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 7th GEN Euro 2006

[Euro] Traction control light constantly on with new car, returned to Honda :(

Goddamnit.

I was excited the whole Friday afternoon only to get a dreaded call to tell me that my new Euro's Traction control indicator light is constantly on irregardless if it's actually on or not. So they are going to swap in a whole new module apparently and hope that fixes it. Getting the car on Tuesday.

In the meanwhile they are giving me a courtesy card, some dodgey trade-in 2L Ford Focus. Never ever thought I'd be driving a Ford around.

Should I refuse to get that car and request another car to be given to me?

nah i think you should just take the car... maybe make them throw in a free accessorie for making you wait like that? - tinting or floor mats or something. i'm sure they'd be willing to do that...

I'm surprised they won't give you another honda to drive for the mean time. I've had my car serviced 3 times now (2nd time for warranty work), and on 3 occassions they have supplied me with a 2000 HRV, 2005 Jazz (1500km on the clock) and a 2006 Honda CRV (930km on the clock). I would try to at least ask for another honda to drive. If not, then take it to another honda dealer that'll do the warranty work + supply you with another honda as a courtesy car. man..ford?? now that's down right tight

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    don't worry about the type of courtesy car. I definately would not accept delivery until this is fixed though

The other thing is - I would be pleased the dealer is being so honest with you regarding the problem. They could easily have given you the "sorry, it is not ready for delivery" line (for some bs reason) rather than telling you there is a specific problem with the car that needs fixing prior to delivery. Just a different perspective - you have a good dealer there.

Whilst it's true that it doesn't matter what type of car you get as a courtesy car, of cos it would be better if it was a honda

Like what yfin have said, at least they are being honest with you. To me, honesty is very important when I take my car in to any dealers. It's better than them giving you lame excuses. Hope it all works out for you in the end though

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    better they rectify the problem now than after u used it, and u find it out your self. you'll be more disappointed at that time

just make sure they don't use the situation as an excuse to deliver you a car with alot of K's on it.

Good Luck

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 7th GEN Euro 2006
    Chris_F: I wish they would do that How abouts you reckon I should approach them to do that? I'm getting car mats already pretty sure.

djcloud: Yeah I asked for a CRV, but all they could give me is this Focus, I thought about it and I almost was tempted to say on Tuesday that 'You've convinced me with this Focus! see ya!' lol but ah wells, I really love the Euro.

yfin: You're right, they are a pretty good dealer, pretty friendly and all. After I decided on the Euro, they even gave me half a day with their new Civic sports asking me for a comparison (but digital speedo sucks!). Hopefully this will all work out.

I hope they don't rack up the kilometres though. What's an acceptable amount for a VSA fix?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    VSA fix should just be a matter of replacing the components then checking them using a diagnostic scanner of some sort.

As for km on a new car? I get brand new honda's to pre delivery detail all the time and most of them have between 20 and 40km on them already!

So an extra 10km for mucking around road testing the VSA isnt out of the question.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 7th GEN Euro 2006
    An update on this:

The re-promised delivery date was yesterday and again they have failed. They replaced the whole VSA unit (located mid leftish under the bonnet), and still getting the light constantly on (meaning VSA is switched off). There has been no errors showing up in the diagnostic scanner from Honda. They are still trying to find out what the problem is.

Today they are going to just replace the switch on the interior of the car.

If they fail today, I think I'll go request a new car to be delivered.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Man that sux .. you should get them to give you a free accessory.

Arent day going to test the car before changing the switch?
    I mean all they need to do is unplug it and go for a quick drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by nickowns
    An update on this:

The re-promised delivery date was yesterday and again they have failed. They replaced the whole VSA unit (located mid leftish under the bonnet), and still getting the light constantly on (meaning VSA is switched off). There has been no errors showing up in the diagnostic scanner from Honda. They are still trying to find out what the problem is.

Today they are going to just replace the switch on the interior of the car.

If they fail today, I think I'll go request a new car to be delivered.

Sounds like they are doing their best to rectify the problem with your vehicle. They said they would replace the vsa unit and I would say they gave you a delivery date based on the assumption that the new unit would rectify the problem. Im sure they are just as annoyed as you are about your car.

If it is just the switch it shouldnt be too long before you take delivery of your car. I think demanding a new car from them is a bit rude. They have every right to fix the car before you take delivery of it.

I get cars in my shop for pre delivery car details with big stickers on the windscreens saying " this car has an unfixed recall problem- this must be fixed before delivery of vehicle to customer- DO NOT remove this sticker until recall fixed" lol.