Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude 93 Si VTEC JDM

Post Engine Oils - Which one - how long

There are so many variety engine oils that just dont know

I was looking at buying :

http://www.valvoline.com.au/products...&category=FO20

Valvoline XLD armour which says "synthetic enhanced" what does that mean ? is it semi - synthetic , fully or what ???

How many months / KMs can you get on Semi-Synthetic, fully synthetic,synthetic enhanced ??

Whats this Magnatec stuff how does that compare its pretty cheap

any other suggestions some pricing ??

I have a VTEC Honda Prelude 94

all valvoline oils :

http://www.valvoline.com.au/products.cfm?mode=cat3&category=FO&category_title= Petrol%20Motor%20Oil

Member Array
    Watch out, they will say Valvoline is bad go with Castrol!!! Na, I love Valvoline and use it in all my cars. The bottle will explain what it can handle and for how long. I would get just regular synthetic Valvoline unless you need a additive that it doesn't have.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I wouldn't put XLD in just because it is a 15w-40 oil. At most, I'd go 10w-40. 15w will have less cold startup protection.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

go get the honda feo oil you twats its the best for fuel economy and performance,can be purchased from any honda dealer cheap too only $27 for 5 lts.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude 93 Si VTEC JDM
    anyone know if honda does a just oil change service ? and how much ?

Newcomer Array
    MOTUL 300V all the way man ~~~~~~~~~~
    i have try endless ?w40 ~ (expensive)
    castrol edge 5w40 ~
    (dun try, i use it less then 2000km and dun feel good with the engine)
    now i m using MOTUL 300V 10w40 ~ and i love them, the engine rev faster, oil pressure is more stable, i will try 5w30 on my next oil change

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I think i'll stick with Honda FEO for my Euro...

Hey Honda is the largest engine manufacturer in the World, I think they know what oil is best for Honda engines

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    I think i'll stick with Honda FEO for my Euro...

Hey Honda is the largest engine manufacturer in the World, I think they know what oil is best for Honda engines
    well ... dun trust the manufacturer too much ... maybe they know wats best for engine, but sometimes they dun give the best for ur engine because the cost ... for example y the stock exhuast quality is shit??? y the stock wheel is so heavy? if they produce good oil, y subaru, nissan they r not using their own engine oil in JGTC and WRC??? y they use MOTUL engine oil??? its all because the cost is too much ~

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 ls integra
    try 0-20w as you only live once....they are very expensive(mobile one gold)if you are rich who cares. It may or not drop the compression as according to some theroriests.
    Its very thin and sliky.
    Not untill you try it out you will never know. 0-20w in winter in australia....no worries MATE.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you are deciding between Valvoline XLD and Honda FEO, I'd go for FEO, because of the correct viscosity of 10w-30. It costs $27 for 5L from the dealer. Just buy the oil and then bring it to your usual place that you service your car at.

There is no point going for Motul 300V unless your car is a pure track car. Motul 300V's superiority is that it doesn't break down under harsh conditions. And you can only get those conditions when racing. And racing means 30-40 laps non-stop. On track days, you only do about 10 laps before stopping for a break. Also, we change our oils every 6 months/10,000km so the oil doesn't have a chance to break down with normal driving.

Even something like Mobil1 with extra longevity is wasted if you service regularly.

And jun.... Honda doesn't make FEO. Castrol makes it. Honda just tells them the viscosity and how long they want the oil to last.

And 0w-20 on a 94' Prelude... It's not that you only live once. It's the lude that will only live once after using the 0w-20. LOL.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I read that 0-20w should only be used for cleaning out the engine at low RPM between a proper oil change to remove the gunk in the engine, and shouldnt be used as a normal oil since it offer too little protection.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    I read that 0-20w should only be used for cleaning out the engine at low RPM between a proper oil change to remove the gunk in the engine, and shouldnt be used as a normal oil since it offer too little protection.
    They do use it for race cars. But race cars get their engine rebuilt after each race.