Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: LSD questions!

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Quote Originally Posted by pgclee
    one more thing....when you really throw your car in a wide corner at 100km/h, and you full throttle it...will it really drift?...errr.....i know if you really wanna drift a civic with LSD, turn in fast...let go the peddel when you turn hard, accelrate, counter steer, then you might have a so called drift...but i won't try it dude...i'm not SUCH a good and daring driver as you man...or why don't you show us a clip of your drift???
    i'll b freaking impress with it........worship you dude...
    dude, i havent tried to drift with the LSD on a track yet.

I dont consider myself an expert driver however i have been driving FF cars for 8 years now and this civic for just over 4 years.
    Secondly yes id love to show you on Phillip Island however i cant see myself making the 3500km drive :roll:

Yes Genesis is correct with the 4th gear redline being 180. Mine was too but now its 165 with this ITR box.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Car:
    Cornering at high speeds takes practice and a lot of mistakes. Sometimes you can oversteer and othertimes understeer and hit the curbs ..[vtechnique] LOL sorry mate

The first and most important thing is know tyre physics - how they work and why. You cant brake and turn at the same time, it just wont work. Secondly, when u start to lose rear wheel traction, you have to tap the throttle and feel the car move as one with you.
    You must know the wear of each tyre and have the correct set up or you will find yourself in uncomfortable fishtailing motions and spin out.

I am a crazy driver and i always like to give my civic heaps and see where its limits are at. We all should know this in our cars

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Adam,

Have you considered that perhaps your speedo is inaccurate now, since you have the higher ratio diff? I'm not too sure if honda speedos need to be recalibrated or not.

- Alex
    i need vtak!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 Honda CRX
    Does anyone know where I can get an LSD in Melbourne?

Someone here must know?

thanks for any help
    mark

Car:
    Alex ... mmm i dunno hey.
    But why would it be so ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    can people tell me philip island...1st corner after the main straight....how fast can we turn in?...190km/h??????....or 200km/h???..or less??? i know just after the fast corner...the next one should be around 130km/h...hahaa..damn blur..

Civic Type R...
    i don't know whether you drove well or not...but one thing i must point out..theory isn't always the best solution...civic's tail tends to be Wigglieeee and you will feel somehow it will lost out...but a quick counter steer will help alot..that is...if you own a civic...your reaction must be quick..but too bad..mine is slow...spun out ones when i'm taking a corner at around 90 degrees about..errmm...90km/h?..hahaha...stupid rite...but i assume that is just my slow reaction causing all that spuning....

the most recent i've tried, in albert park...very scary...but the time i've tried, nothing is on the road, and now there is some kinda stuff to prevent us driving fast..some kinda divider...

tried it till my forth gear...around 190km/h...hard break...to 140km/h...a right...then a left..and suddenly i felt my tail come off...but that was a really lucky safe...a small counter steer save me...
    civic is not an easy car to understand...i know that if you really need to drive it fast,, your left foot must put into play...left leg breaking while in a really fast corner and at the same time..accelerating...hard...but fast...

i'm really looking for people teaching me how to drive my car to the limit...but dono who to ask for...hahaha...

ermm...i drive a civic myself...yeap...4th gear more than 200km/h already....

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    one thing i'm very sure of is that how to know is the guy a good driver or not..
    how??
    look at his tyre after his laps...if it's still the same look like before he went down the track...yea...he's good..or either he's just driving it too slow..

if a bad driver...rough lines, tyre pattern changes like flip....haha...taking the wrong line...

or is there other way to know?

Member Array
    pgclee is the one who drive EK9 in Victoria.

do u know my ex-owner do 2:01 at philip island ?

at that moment , he used RE711 , Tein coilover , NO aftermarket sway bar , the car has abt 90KWATW. NO LSD neither.

Hence, mods on the car are not as important as the skills.

I really want to point out ppls always say what and what
    but end up , the first mods is their skills . not the CAR itself.

that's what I was told from my ex-owner of EKIV.

I drove a WRX b4 and i brought the car to his place in order to have a test .
    i asked him how come my car was so slow. and then he had a test drive on my car. turns to differnt car . afterthen, I realise that mods our skills b4 we mods our cars.
    It is meaningless to spend 15K on car and end up slower than a standard car on track. ( or even on ROAD ). I found lots of Indonesian guy in Victoria, they spent more than 10K on the cars . and ends up total lost their cars after few months. Indeed, their skills were still native to a High horse power car. I should say they still had not hitted out the max on the Standard car and then start to modify. If anyone disagree with me , just speak out here. I am willing to hear any comment on that.

PGCLEE , I am giving some advice on your cars. PLEASE fix the rear section on your car b4 going on track . as I know , your REAR rims were TOE OUT. I dunno what had happened b4. It is quite dangerous to turn at high speed if your car is not lined properly. stop focusing on the mods on the engine itself. It is not WISE to make a CIVIC to achieve the horse power as a turbo car. LOST the point to get a CTR . Civic is a car for stability at turning . NOT FOR DRAG. I am seeing you are going to mod your CTR as a DRAG car more than a TRACK car. focusing on the right way to mod your car. KW@Wheel is just a figure. If you dun trust me , I have confidence to perform faster than your XXXKW@wheel CTR on track.

I am not giving u a hard time on your car. Just my opinion . if I say anything make you sad, I apologise here.

one thing i'm very sure of is that how to know is the guy a good driver or not..
    how??
    look at his tyre after his laps...if it's still the same look like before he went down the track...yea...he's good..or either he's just driving it too slow..

if a bad driver...rough lines, tyre pattern changes like flip....haha...taking the wrong line...

Are you trying to say that if someone is a bad driver around a track, the pattern changes on the tyre ie. more wear on one side??

Please tell me you are not saying this or I will have to call BS!

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE
    how??

Are you trying to say that if someone is a bad driver around a track, the pattern changes on the tyre ie. more wear on one side??

Please tell me you are not saying this or I will have to call BS!
    Yes...Yes he is! ROFLMAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Type R
    . You cant brake and turn at the same time, it just wont work.
    Sorry I dissagree.

Member Array
    . You cant brake and turn at the same time, it just wont work.
    U can brake when you are in the middle of a deep turn.

the FR driver put right foot on accelerator and left foot on brake during the turns.
    use brake to enble oversteering and use accelerator to control the level of oversteering.