Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    anyone notice the front looks a bit like.........a lancer now?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    it doesn't fill out the arches any differently if you drop to the correct profile

yeah, its on 235/40 so its almost the same as stock.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yea you have a point. Although the bigger Rims give the impression of bigger overall wheels.

But mine are 16" stock, so surely if I get 18"s the wheel diameter would increase yeah?

Member Array
    Car:
    Tatra 603 - enhanced
    As it reduces the size of the visible grill aperture and current trends are to increase this, it makes it look rather dated. The Lancer comment is on the money.

i prefer the "dated" look - big grills seems like such an american styling trait - what ever happened to subtley styled cars...

Looks Like a VY commodore lol ugLy for a honda

Quote Originally Posted by corn_flakes
    ok ok ok...i saw it on another forum...OMFG it's HOT!!!!

i want it! but for $265USD...hmm, might wait for a generic one...

some pics

if you want to purchase, go here...

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/product.asp?product=554

there's also the mugen bodykit on there as well...

don't compare the euro to a VY commodore

from certain angles and certain features of the car may appaer slightly similar (i.e. lights and sometimes the grill) but the VY is a shocking attempt at an aesthetic car design they kept the overal basic body shape/dimensions of the VX and then slappoed some square front lights and triangular rear lights on... now instead of looking fat but smooth the car looks fat and ugly. haha needed to let that out of the system - IMO, even with that grill the lines of the euro still flow very well

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    To be honest that red Euro's grill looks a little bland.

U reckon it would look good if I chrome it and chuck it on my black Euro?

hahaha nah dont chrome it, kinda defeats the purpose.. i recon it'd look good with a mugen badge sitting in the middle of it.. defintiely give your black euro a sporty as apposed to luxurious look. Granted, you may see the chrome adding interest to the front of the car, i see it as a distraction from the cars "natural" lines

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    hmm I guess its hard to judge unless we have actual pics of a chromed mugen grill installed. How about a Carbon Fiber grill?

What I think would look interesting is painting the mugen grill a darker shade of the cars colour, for instance a dark red for that red euro, or a dark gunmetal grey for a black Euro, or a black or silver grill for the gunmetal Euro's

With the grill the exact same colour kindof makes it look like a 1990's car, i.e. a lancer or something.

The Euro needs a "flashy" grill to finalize its overall lines and looks (especially since they have chromed window surrounds and door handles).

chrome lover alert! haha - i defintiely see where your coming from in a style perspective, personalyl i just don't like how the grills are becoming the visual focus of cars these days. I guess thats why i like how the mugen closes the euros grill up a bit.

as for a chromed or carbon fiber grill... you still don't have me convinced haha - i really think a chromed mugen grill would look tacky especially without a honda badge to fill in the gap.

with a dark red grill on a fairly bright red euro.. don't you think THAT would look even dodgier?

Whereas you think the grill finalises the overall lines and looks of the car i think all it does is detract from them. I really liked how the euroR grill transformed my car and gave it a more sporty personality. As for the chrome door handles and door trim... the door handles will stay but i'm tryin to get rid of the chrome window trim for the same reason - i wanna see the actual car, not be blinded by the chrome

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    haha I'm not a chrome lover, but for a black euro the chrome actually suits the car and gives it a classy yet sporty look (like a BMW 3 series for instance). For the other Euro colours, the chrome looks a bit out of place especially on the red one.

A dark red grill on bright red Euro - lol I'm trying to imagine it but who knows, it may actually look good

Your car is gunmetal or blue yeah? IMO the Euro-R grill would really suit those two colours.

In other words, different types of grills look better on different colour Euro's.
    Red Mugen grill on Red Euro - looks a bit tacky IMO. Maybe a Red Honda Badge in the middle would 'finalize' the front

..my 2c..
    Last edited by EuroDude; 07-04-2006 at 07:53 PM.