Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by string
    why the B16 can be just as quick even low down.
    why do you say "can be" rather than "is" quicker ?
    does that mean you're keeping your options open incase your physics equation fails
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    i've just recently had a '93 da6 halfcut (b16a2 170ps) dropped into my car, with the ys1 gearbox (4.4 fd), and im finding it a lot more fun to drive than the b18a. the engine response is crazy, and it still pulls okay from low down. because of the final drive im finding im driving around in 5th when im usually in first though, damn short gears. but yeah, i've had a couple of runs with b18a's and i've found that the b16a seems to pull away quite nicely! (except for a certain black one from the perth ozhonda cruise)

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    sockai.. did u have any runs .. say doing 20km/hr rolling start in 2nd
    or a 50km/hr rolling start in 3rd ?

PS: you also have more power and better tranny
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2 & DC4
    hey string i understand exactly what you're saying, coz i used to think the same thing... but one thing you're forgetting is that if you lower the gear ratio for say 2nd gear in the b16 box, to make it rev a little higher... that gear ratio decrease is completely linear.... now look at the dyno graph... see how as the revs increase for both the b16 and the b18, their power increase is not linear at all? like theres some wobbles in their lines? its believeable that at some speeds in a certain gear the b16 would be putting down more wheel torque, but at a lot of others, it wouldn't, especially in the 3500rpm - 5500rpm range.. get me?

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    wah..so much tension here....
    ModBox

Quote Originally Posted by majic777
    hey string i understand exactly what you're saying, coz i used to think the same thing... but one thing you're forgetting is that if you lower the gear ratio for say 2nd gear in the b16 box, to make it rev a little higher... that gear ratio decrease is completely linear.... now look at the dyno graph... see how as the revs increase for both the b16 and the b18, their power increase is not linear at all? like theres some wobbles in their lines? its believeable that at some speeds in a certain gear the b16 would be putting down more wheel torque, but at a lot of others, it wouldn't, especially in the 3500rpm - 5500rpm range.. get me?
    Eh? So only the B16 has wobbles now, and only in the negative direction?

FR33K. Please interpret "can be" as "will be". Spanks

He only has 10hp more. Considering that the the B16 has 20hp more than the B18 in the first place, maybe we can say that a 'normal' b16 would only pull away at 2/3 the speed. Haha

Better Tranny? Better at what?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2 & DC4
    nar man im serious look at the wobbles... the b16 tends to curve down in that range... and the b18 curves up... if they were perfectly exactly the same % of power difference at any rpm... your story would be 100% perfect!

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    lets not argue anymore.. string knows everything about integras, and b16s, and b18s.... especially 93 XSi's
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    hmmm...i haven't tried from that low from 2nd, i've run from 20km/h in 1st. need to stay near ye old 5800rpm change over point! thats where the fun is at.

Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(
    I havent read from the begning but this seems ta have gonne a bit too far! arguing over engines! lol the way I see it is one may be faster than the other but at the end of the day there is always that someone who is faster! B18c or K20A in an LS is very rare and yes very expensive, B16 in an LS tru it feels better than the B18A or B18B (which I have) turn any of these into Turbo aplication then its a totally different ball game and can all be real quick machines.

I get the feeling that all this is just goign in circles and been covered many times, I suggest take it to the track, do a few 0-100 runs, 1/4 mile and a few dyno runs then compare the difference, thats if you can really be bothered to prove your point and can be bothered wasting your time.

I reckon it wont take long for one of you guys to crack and say something un called for so dont be surprised once this thread gets Closed!

So in other wrods..... GET OVER IT!
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    lol your still not gettin the point
    we are not arguing over which car is faster down the 0-100 or 1/4 mile..
    so your post was irrelevant

PS: its not a my engine is better then your engine arguement either
    Last edited by FR33K; 11-04-2006 at 11:54 AM.
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

Member Array
    Car:
    I miss my old DA9 :0(
    andrew hence "I havent read from the begining" you all need to read this oh and it should also be a sticky in OH for engine specs etc etc http://www.clubcivic.com/board/engine-codes.php Oh and this! http://www.g-speed.com/pbh/b16a/
    Last edited by LO_N_SXC; 11-04-2006 at 12:02 PM.
    ダットサン, Dattosan!
    My Daily driven Datto http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11572