Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarox
    Yes, the Civic Sport is overpriced at $35K.
    A colleague just paid $37K driveaway for the new Rav4 Cruiser. He rather have that over the Civic. He said the engine is bigger, vehicle is bigger, made in Japan, ESP is included, dual auto climate air-con, more storage places, 17" alloys, 6 speakers, lighted front cup holders, lighted driver / passenger vanity mirrors, blah, blah, blah.
    That being said, in recent reviews of the New Rav4 and Civic. There were more complaints about the Rav compared to the Civic. One thing that stood out from the civic review was how the reviewer was a little bit apprehensive about the Civic being built at Honda's Thai factory, he had concerns about the build quality. Here's a quote from the article:

Quality: I had reservations after sampling the Thailand-built Honda Accord, which was good but not up to Honda's usual levels of perfection. Try as I might, I couldn't fault this one. Panel fit, paint finish, cabin materials and switch gear were all A-grade. I thought South Korea had caught Japan in quality until I tested this Civic. Honda has just raised the bar again.
    Here are the links to the reviews:
    Rav4
    Civic

Both reviews are from www.drive.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    the rav 4 comes with leather and sunroof i assume?

but ur mate has to compare apples to apples....civic to rav 4, i dont think so...
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by 79cord
    CIVIC SEDAN 1395kg !!!!!
    I must be really living in the past. Where's the agile, stylish, economical 7-900kg 3D hatch of old? I 'm not interested in tallboy armoured tanks!
    Where did that figure come from? That would place it heavier than the standard Accord Euro so I think 1395kg is definately wrong.

As for cars 700-900kg - what did you have in mind the the late 80s Suzuki Swift? That had next to no safety or luxury features and wasn't exactly built out of quality materials. It was also tiny compared to the new model Civics.

Member Array
    Car:
    Monica
    does ne one know if the coupe is comin down to Oz cause i know its been released in America....

no its not scheduled to be released down under...

which is a shame cause its one sexy car *drools*

Member Array
    Car:
    95 BB Prelude

3 door Civic

Sorry i havent got anymore pictures, but this one is hot off the press. Autoexpress magazine caught the new 3 door Civic on a testing run. Looks fabulous I reckon, shame we get jibbed, but Honda Australia if your reading this, import this now!

Last edited by skinnyboy; 20-05-2006 at 12:54 AM.

wow man, thats is my next car if dam AUS honda bring it over here dam!!!

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    why was this allowed in the news section?

it already has a number of posts about it already. it's not a 'scoop' anymore as u can buy it freely overseas already

anyway....

as much as honda australia wants the the car, it will 99% not being coming to aus for financial reasons. the car is produced in the UK so with shipping costs and the exchange rate it is not commercially viable to import it to aus as it would be priced something like 10k more than it is worth.

however i have heard honda australia may have one tucked away at the hq headquarters

there has also been the release of the type R hatch......and i have heard the rumour of a civic RR (that's right double R like cbr bikes)

as far as i know the civic type r has a 2.2L dohc i-vtec engine (destroked k24a from the accords) to try and get some more torque over the previous model..

there is no news of what would be in the RR model as of yet however this article claims it to be at least 225 bhp
    Last edited by panda[cRx]; 19-05-2006 at 07:57 PM.
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    95 BB Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by panda[cRx]
    why was this allowed in the news section?

it already has a number of posts about it already. it's not a 'scoop' anymore as u can buy it freely overseas already
    Au contraire mate, the only model in the UK/Euro line up in a hatch is a 5 door. The 3 door is yet to break cover officially. The Type R is to follow later this year.

I spoke to the CEO of Honda Australia during the launch of the new Civic, and mentioned this to him. He hinted at it being deleivered here if the price was right, his wry smile was the give away.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    i dont noe wot to think of the type R integra in panda's quote, it looks oh so wrong but at the same time oh so right, there's a word which would mak it more easier to understand but rite now im lik 3/4 dead from workin today =.= dont blame me :P

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    oh my bad its a civic not integra, my bad dont flame me

that picture of the red civic, makes it look so damn nice!!!