Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    Quote Originally Posted by carbine
    Justifiying the jazz as performance vehicle because spoon make parts for it.

righto.
    I think people mod mainly for customising. If you look at it from a car class perspective, the people at ferarri or F1 may have the same opinion on the GTRs, ITR, Supras etc.

Jazz modders here don't expect to beat VLs, HSV, GTRs, ITR etc. I'm sure most people just do it for satisfaction and customising. HSV etc is also a super'ed up holden commodre if you look at it like that. But people class it as a performance vehicle.

There is a super charged and NA version of the jazz that has seem to give some decent results in its class. To my knowledge most people are arguing that it is a performance vehicle within its class of the norm.

I dont know if I make much sense and I am not to spur on a flame. I prefer to stand on the fence but these are my 2 cents.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    turbo jazz :)
    i agree with kuso, sti's, evo's, HSV & FPV they are all just hotted up family cars. when you looks at it that way the list of true sports cars gets reduced to a small minority...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda JAZZ 1.5 Vtec
    Fun thread to read! Anyway, I agree that there is no way JAZZ/FIT can beat WRX or Prelude running stocks. Off course it might change if you are running Fully modified JAZZ and maybe running K20 engine.

However I did beat some better sedan such as Mitsubishi Lancer (stocks) and Xtrail (stocks) but my GF JAZZ already have tons of modification. In my opinion its almost fully mods, from header, downpipe, exhaust, intake, CAI. Soooo...

Anyway JAZZ is fun to drive and even more fun when u begin modding it! Too many mods not to much money for me..

if u mod ur car its up to you.. there isnt much on the market concidering the car is so new. and its costly to custom make things but i like a challange.. muahaha
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi
    sassy_fit_vtit: i beg to differ. There is so many parts for the Jazz you just have to know where to look. Most new Honda vehicles when they first go out, they usually supply samples to tuning shops already before they even go public so that they can already produce custom parts for it.

Look at the new Civic. Mugen's got custom parts already.

.. tru but im talking about engine mods... my set up is all custom..
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi
    oh well if custom stuff is what you want then that's abit harder.... but off the shelf from MUGEN, SPOON, etc etc... easy pissy... just one phone call to JDMYARD or JDMCONCEPT two weeks later the parts are here.

tru.. but there isnt as many options as the old model cars.. thats what im getting at.. most of the cars made before 00 have turbokits out etc

lol

can't believe u still talkn about the jazz's performance ....

like dont' get me wrong i loovveee the jazz... love it! and i want my mum to get one so i can do it up!
    but seroiusly .. in a fair drag u canot beat wrx's and ludes.

i drive a lude vtir , and if i saw a jazz next to me i wouldnt even bother dragging it, until i see it gunning it hard, when im already in 2nd gear .

of a lude and a jazz both launched ... end of 1st gear ... bye bye jazz ...

im happy to take on any jazz's on this forum , done up or not ... lolz jazz owners should really invest in sussy, as some were saying , as it is light , and has potential in that area..

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Vti-S, S15 Spec R GT
    From memory no one said jazz > prelude...

Don't know why you think we are saying that. It's like saying a modded prelude can race against NSX. If you would have read the thread more carefully you would have noticed that we are comparing to our own class. Jazz to echo and other small cars. At least that is how I see it. Out of its class, it is comparitively quite zippy.

In terms of the others saying they kept up with the other ludes etc. Im pretty sure they are just referring to not being left behind and the jazz can hold its own. Of course other factors come into this like whether the driver is trying or not.

Engine transplants can be done to hte jazz and has been done by mugen. THere is the infamous K20a jazz and now there is also a super charged one as well.

So why do we get bagged out for tinkering with the performance aspects when all the civics that used to be considered the small car of the honda, get to do their engine transplants and tinker with their performance side.

Im pretty sure no one here expects to beat any car that is not in its class. It''s just utter stupidy to think so unless some serious modifications have been done. So there is no need to take everyone's comments as a threat.

Im getting sick of explaining this to people so Im going to withdraw from this thread.

My 2 cents

agree with kusO... i have moded my car but i know my limitations..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy_fit_vtit
    tru.. but there isnt as many options as the old model cars.. thats what im getting at.. most of the cars made before 00 have turbokits out etc
    Turbo kit??.... There is a turbo kit for the Jazz made by HKS. If you want supercharger there is one from MUGEN. Both this options are not cheap.