Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4WS not working

I had a similar issue with my 4ws, fixed it for 20 bucks, when Honda quoted 4000! A large majority of cases whereby the light comes for 4ws on is due to aging of solderings in the ECU`s.

Problem is that Honda only put there circut boards through a thin wash of solder, the solder only lasts for a few years before it starts to dry and crack. I removed my 4ws computer, and took it to a local auto electrics centre for resoldering of these `dry` joints.

http://www.preludeaustralia.com/foru...howtopic=12748
    Last edited by BigWillieStyles; 19-04-2006 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiss
    i prefer to keep the 4ws, as it gives me a better turning circle when i chuck a u-turn.

the steering wheel on other cars can full hook it right/left by 2 n half revolutions
    whereas as the lude (4ws) can only hook it 1 n half revolutions
    so when 4ws is disabled, im basically losing about 50% of my turning circle...
    Its actually very dangerous to drive without 4ws, the manual states that the wheels lock into place when the car is not in 4ws mode, but this is not the case. They are infact loose, and could be responsible for some serious accidents.

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    wouldn't this be a benefit? my friend has a Si 4th gen with 4WS and he couldn't actually parallel park with the thing before...i dont know if he can yet or not but 4WS is quite gay to be honest
    2007 BMW M3 Jerez Black/Palladium Silver
    2002 BMW M3 Ruby Black/Black - SOLD
    1999 Honda S2000 NFR/Black - SOLD

it is a benefit... it tightens up the turning circle by heaps!

some ppl say in fast corners it can make the car unstable which i guess is true with stock suspension, though i have sway bars and struts upgraded and seems to hit bends quite fast without any issues.