Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    hey people...
    lowering my car but duno with spring to choose
    all the same price.. 380 installed
    King Springs or KMAC or Jumbo or Pedders...

any opinions

if I had to choose from those, I'd go pedders or KMAC.. stay away from king's. If ur on a budget, go tein s-tech. otherwise speak to tanghy and get urself a set of spoon ones 8)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    out of that list i'd go with Kmac. Heard bad things about Jumboz, Pedders tend to be OK for what they are, dont have much experience with King

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Well Kings make custom speced springs.. if you have a requirement they can do it for you.. im sure kmac and so on all do it..

kings are well known for their harshness and shock absorber killer due to it's non-progressive rate springs. dunno if they can 'customize' it for customers. tein's and spoon's are progressive rate ones and am led to believe that spoon ones are designed to match the factory honda shockers the best.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by cheebye
    kings are well known for their harshness and shock absorber killer due to it's non-progressive rate springs. dunno if they can 'customize' it for customers. tein's and spoon's are progressive rate ones and am led to believe that spoon ones are designed to match the factory honda shockers the best.
    Well I have a set of progressive.. but its from DMS.. who orders it from Kings I am pretty sure.. 90% sure..

I am using DMS Springs, HnR Adjustable Shocks and Fightex (Toda) Damper Kit..

Quote Originally Posted by cheebye
    it's first time i've heard that. i'm fairly sure the stock springs aren't progressive anyway, although that could just be a bit of the early alzheimers kicking in. never heard about them bing too harsh either, if anything, most of the complaints i've heard were in regards to it being a little on the soft side.
    booget was riding around with king superlows (or whatever they are) on stock vti-r shocks with no obvious side-effects in terms of shock life. 20k-odd km on 150k km old shocks and counting.

i'm running on a set of whiteline springs with koni yellow shocks and couldn't be happier... unless i had a set of DMS coilovers
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    yeah i was leaning towards the kmacs as well... im lowering 3 inches.. im using stock shocks.. but out of a civic coz teg shocks run out of travel as soon as u lower more then 1.5 inches....

how much am i looking at for tein and spoon ??

tein s-tech ones are about $450 depending on where u look. spoon's ar a bit more.

regarding the king's, quite a few guys I know have had their springs sag after a while. and just to clear up the myth about killing the shocks, if the car is dropped more than 2inches from standard, it WILL reduce the life of the factory shock absorbers, compared to lets say a good matched pair of springs plus aftermarket shocks eg. koni's, eibach, etc..

otherwise, from my personal experience and those of others who have used them, I will not go near king springs. if u want just springs, go tein's or spoon.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by FR33K
    hey people...
    lowering my car but duno with spring to choose
    all the same price.. 380 installed
    King Springs or KMAC or Jumbo or Pedders...

any opinions
    Eibach and H&R are progressive springs and are matched to work with stock shocks.
    Not much "DROP" thought. 1.7" max

i think they are all pretty much the same, australian manufactured? correct me if im wrong. i've actually got some lovells which do the job alright, once again australian manufactured. i think if you go to the euro/jap brand progessive then they will be a bit better but more $$
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra LS
    FR33K, remember that its a totally different ball game when using Civic shocks. Talk to one of the spring suppliers cause you'll find that stock (and lowered) DA springs will be too tall for the Civic shocks. I'm thinking of trying DC springs.

My King Springs which were 3cms lower than stock were still too tall for the Civic shocks, and would have had to be compressed too far.

also, the King Springs, if anything, were very soft to me, with the rears progressive.
    Too old for bodykits