Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    nothin fits honda like honda

I will always put Feo ,Hmo ( what ever its called now ) in Hondas.
    sometimes used to use mobile 1 coz some people want synthetic oil.

Honda oil is a must in some Legends

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    FEO R or Mobil 1 synth
    FEO R? whats that? a thinner oil made for type Rs?

anyways i settled for FEO , not bad for its price, better than that crap ye get from shell

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    yeah its used for S2000 and NSX.
    dont know if they have scrapped it though as they have changed names of the oils a while ago.

Mobil 1 gold is a good oil but its expensive, i used it for my Type r, and you can definately feel the difference..... but there are some other brands out there that are just as good... just have to go through the labels and check the differences....

Repsol oils are good. as honda uses them.... but i tried the difference between Repsol and Mobil 1 and thought mobil was a bit better..... and it also depends on your car... every car is different so u just have to try it out.........

Member Array
    So there are two different types of Mobil 1???

Mobil 1 & Mobil 1 - Gold

is this correct???

Member Array
    Car:
    SIR
    Quote Originally Posted by ArSe
    Mobil 1 gold is a good oil but its expensive, i used it for my Type r, and you can definately feel the difference..... but there are some other brands out there that are just as good... just have to go through the labels and check the differences....

Repsol oils are good. as honda uses them.... but i tried the difference between Repsol and Mobil 1 and thought mobil was a bit better..... and it also depends on your car... every car is different so u just have to try it out.........
    are u talking about the mobil 1 5-50 in gold packaging? if it is, that is just the new packaging of the old 5-50 blue and red packaging.

I have been using mobil 1 5-50 for the past few years and find that the colour of the oil is getting darker and darker fresh from the bottle. :|
    Not sure that affects the quality though. But it does get very thick and black after 5000km.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Hi all. went and got some oil today, and the guy at supercheap helped me out. I have a 93 DC2 Gsi and it has around 140 k's on it. I decided i wanted a thicker oil due to the age of the engine, so i was looking for around 15W-40 or similar. Now Mobil 1 only came in 5w-40 i think it was, very thin anyways. So that lead me to a choice of pennzoil or valvoline (both synthetic oils). I decided on the pennzoil synthetic blend 15w-50 and it was $33 i think. Now my question to you guys is if this is suitable for my application? Also i went and bought a oil filter (valvoline one) which is a Z79A which i think i read in the ryco manual thye had there is the right type (can any1 confirm this?) Also the guy at supercheap was very very helpful and told me to pay $3 for a engine oil flush as it is necessary for each oil change, is he right?HE also stated it is extremely important especially if like what im doing im changing oils with different viscosities etc. Any help is greatly appreciated! Keep the good work up!

PS. I noticed after my last service my car is rather chattery (tappets were adjusted at the same service so its weird), but i think its just cause im noticing it more than i used to. Will a thicker oil make the engine a little less noisy?

Edit: I have been reading around and it seems 15w-50 would be too thick and heavy? Maybe a 10w-40 would be better? Who makes a good oil in this, I can return the pennzoil and pay more, it doesnt bother me, i just want a good oil!!!

Guys,

I have always used the Oil that the car came with and that honda always use for the Services, the Honda R oil, i am not sure of much detail on the oil, have always called it "R oil", just curious if i should still stick with it, car is now at 91k and going good, but am thinking maybe as the engine gets older if i should get a heavier oil etc etc

Rexxy...