Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir

some with with noise

sup pplz

my problem is that when i accelerate i get a wheezing noise in the rear speakers.

now b4 i get flamed i HAVE done a search and have had some answers answered!
    e.g. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=noise

im guessing the problem is likely to be a grounding or RCA issue, and having talked to a mate he reckons its my head unit blowing the RCA fuse (being a pioneer)

so my question is, (im on a budget) whats the cheapest way to fix this problem!? also bear in mind im a noob when it comes to cars

thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    if its the unit get it repaired.

if its the amp get it repaired

if its the rca's get then changed

no easy fix, you have to one by one find out where the noise is coming from, so if you got another pioneer head unit plug that in (if the same plug) if not get any head unit you can and wire it in and see if the noise is still there, if noise is gone with other unit then its your pioneer, if still there then look elsewhere.

if your not up to the task then pay a store to look at it for you.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    what are you speakers connected to.. the headunit or an amp? and are your rca cables and power cables seperated and not running along side each other.
    the problem occurs only when your accelerating right? check ground wires..
    whats an internet?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir
    Quote Originally Posted by marte
    what are you speakers connected to.. the headunit or an amp? and are your rca cables and power cables seperated and not running along side each other.
    the problem occurs only when your accelerating right? check ground wires..
    hmm im not 100% sure what is connected to what, so i'll tell you what i know

head unit has 2 pairs of RCA's and it controls the spilts and rears (rear are where the sound is comming from (yes i know its not the speaker itself))

got one 4 channel amp powering the rears and sub
    and the other 4 channel which is bridged to power the splits.

not sure abt the power and rca cables running together i'll check that out. and yes the heard the noise when accelerating, or basically when its in gear or if the back speakers are on.

but thanks for your help so far guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Wish i had a Honda
    its most likely to be the RCA. if u saperate the RCA away from the power cable and all the cables that run along the car, u will find the problem will go away.
    so u need to run them again and run the RCA on the side where there is no wires and power on the other. if that doesnt work then its the head unit or amp is stuff. but its normally the RCA

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    When did this noise happen and how long has your stereo been installed for?

did you do it yourself?

If your rca is on your power cable. Get whoever installed it to do it again.
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    he doesnt know yet. till then elt's play the waiting game
    whats an internet?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir
    euro69 its most likely to be the RCA. if u saperate the RCA away from the power cable and all the cables that run along the car, u will find the problem will go away.
    so u need to run them again and run the RCA on the side where there is no wires and power on the other. if that doesnt work then its the head unit or amp is stuff. but its normally the RCA
    hmm so u dont think its the fuse in the headunit?

nugget666 When did this noise happen and how long has your stereo been installed for?

did you do it yourself?

If your rca is on your power cable. Get whoever installed it to do it again.
    noise happened as soon as the guy installed it. i've arranged for the guy to come check it out this sat

but as for the rca and power cables... where abts do i look for em? is at teh back of the head unit? or can i see it from the boot where the amps are?

thanks again guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Wish i had a Honda
    this has happened to me in my pervious cars heaps of time.
    and everytime its been the RCA problem
    WHAT IS A HONDA!!!!!!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK B18C|AP2 S2K
    pretty much the power cables gonna come from your battery in ur engine bay and through your car to the amp.
    your rca cables should not be run together with the power cable (think red cbale running through your car)
    if u can follow it from your head unit then try that if not follow it from your amp.
    wouldnt be the fuse from the head unit.

also like i said in my first post have you checked your ground wires?
    Last edited by marte; 26-04-2006 at 07:42 PM.
    whats an internet?

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Plenty of info regarding amp noise here:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/I-recsc99...ier_noise.html

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    Just follw your redwire and the rca wire commonly blue.

and if there runing together thats your problem they should be ran opposite sides of hte car.

Quote Originally Posted by floopy
    hmm so u dont think its the fuse in the headunit?

noise happened as soon as the guy installed it. i've arranged for the guy to come check it out this sat

but as for the rca and power cables... where abts do i look for em? is at teh back of the head unit? or can i see it from the boot where the amps are?

thanks again guys
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?