Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: LSD questions!

Member Array
    . You cant brake and turn at the same time, it just wont work.
    U can brake when you are in the middle of a deep turn.

the FR driver put right foot on accelerator and left foot on brake during the turns.
    use brake to enble oversteering and use accelerator to control the level of oversteering.

Quote Originally Posted by EKIV
    . You cant brake and turn at the same time, it just wont work.
    U can brake when you are in the middle of a deep turn.
    You are contradicting yourself now!

I do however agree with this comment you made,

"It is meaningless to spend 15K on car and end up slower than a standard car on track. ( or even on ROAD ). I found lots of Indonesian guy in Victoria, they spent more than 10K on the cars . and ends up total lost their cars after few months. Indeed, their skills were still native to a High horse power car. I should say they still had not hitted out the max on the Standard car and then start to modify."

Very very true!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    oh...
    i know the previous owner and did race with him before...
    i remembered he got coil overs and some mods and that time i was still standard...with RE 010 tyres...and almost ware out...so..if he got coil overs and better tyres than me..and i'm running 2:02 ...i guess that if i'm having the same stuff as his...i will be faster?....

hahaha..

yes...hp is not that important...but it is for me....your car can't perform like what you want it to be....you won't have a great time racing on track dude...but....i don't think i'm fast on the track man...i've seen better....philip island is a tricky track if you want to go quick...but is hard to go fast if you don't even have a good set of tyres, suspension and breaks...

yes...my rear is toe in...but i'l trying to fix it...and i do need camber kit to re adjust eveything on my car or where can anybody reckon that i can fix it???...sooo...at the mean time...nothing else is been done to my car now unless i've done my tuning....soo...philip island in about next 2 weeks...hopefully can get on there...really excited to go on...

one more thing EKIV....may be i'm not a good driver...but you cant say that to me if you haven't raced with me....we race for fun...not for fame...people knows my car...who cares...and i also wonder how the hell you know my rims is toe in?..hahahahaha...that is soo weird...thats why you see....i didn't race on road any more...scard dude....2 things...police...accident...

and...EKIV...if you are better...i think is good to have you exchange some opinion about corner speed dude...i really wanna get a good time in philip island...nice track to go fast...hahaha...

Civic is not just about corner speed...is about well balance car and tune up suspension...if you can get your civic to about 900kg...and you got about 240hp...i reckon you can go about 1:50sec on philip island...

civic is all about weight...so...get Fit dude...hhahaha...lost some weight..!..hahahaha...

Member Array
    Pgclee :
    world is so small.
    do not ask me how come I know your rear tyres are toe in...
    To be honest, I had never been to philip Island. I live in the other side.
    I went to winton more often than the others..
    I will try on philip Island by the end of this month.
    I dun think I got enough time to wait for the LSD.
    going to test out the suspension setup this week or next week.
    as well as the tyres.
    I still have not found the best setting on my suspension yet.
    different ppls tell difference stories..
    I believe FR and FF need to set up the suspension differently in terms of suspension.
    I am trying to put the rear suspension 40-60mm higher than the front ..
    see how is it going .

I really want to ask you sth , why dun you turbo charge your car ? I think you are chasing at abt 150KWsATW. ?
    every car are chasing the balance . not only civic. but I really dun understand why you need so much power ....
    For me , I found 110KWS ATW ek , is enough already ..

anyway , I want to ask whether you or your friend have interest to buy GO-Kart to play on track .
    my mechanics's 20K GO-Kart kill my EK on track .. very funny ..
    got 4 wheel disc brake , Manual gear, clutch etc..
    some of my friends are interesting on getting a GO Kart and try on track.

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    OK we are straying a long way from the original subject being LSDs.

My point regarding cornering and braking was a generalisation that wasnt real clear - sorry. My point was more of: you corner much better whilst on the throttle than you would whilst applying the brakes.

I went out on the weekend to prove this.
    i attacked a wide corner at 70 in 2nd and pushed it hard and i got all 4 wheels to lose traction and slide around the corner nicely .. but with a little whiplash backinto line.
    I redid the corner at the same speed only off the throttle.
    I simply slid the rear wheels out and did a 180 after the corner apex. I believe the same result would be achieved if i broke during cornering as well.

Note: i did that corner 3 times each way on throttle and each time (6) i powered out hard in vtec and successfully.
    The last one (off throttle) i spun out.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Im doin an engine swap on my 92 eg breeze to a b16a g2 Si-R

Ive read up on this engine and it says LSD is optional? How can I tell once the conversion is done? The engine, drive train etc are from a 94 JDM Si-R

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    those engines had VISCOUS LSD OPTIONAL

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    dude....don't compare an open wheeler class with the civic...you can't compare with them at all...

you're just like comparing a V8 super car with an F-1 race car....soo...if you raced with the go kart....i understand why you lose...remember...it's weight...not even like 2-300kg....oh man...your car is more than a tonne dude...if you said that is not true....i have nothing else to say...it's just diff class...

hmm...it's just too expensive to turbocharged the civic....if you wanna go about...ermm...i think 450hp....25k won't be enough....the turbo kit itself cost hell lots...how bout a good ECU and tuning?...intercooler and all those electronic stuff?...throttle manifold....hell lot....soo..i don't think i can afford it...if you can afford to make it high hp...how bout all those suspension setting and bla bla bla bla...on and on and on and on...

i just wonder what time will you get if you go on track...hmm...tell me bout it...very interested to know...

hp is quite important dude...and philip island is suppose to be a high hp track...enter the corner fast..but out the corner faster...but all this depends how you handle it...

an NA should be an NA...what for you wanna get a Vtec turbo?...though is nice to have one...but pure Vtec is still the best...and you must also think of reliability....

there are ltos of things to learn bout Vtec..and im sure you know it as welll...but talking that you're quick on the track...is useless...giving the result is the best...i'm not saying i'm a better driver than you...but if you are, hopefully we can exchange some opinion about our driving..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE
    Quote Originally Posted by pgclee
    one thing i'm very sure of is that how to know is the guy a good driver or not..
    how??
    look at his tyre after his laps...if it's still the same look like before he went down the track...yea...he's good..or either he's just driving it too slow..

if a bad driver...rough lines, tyre pattern changes like flip....haha...taking the wrong line...

or is there other way to know?
    Are you trying to say that if someone is a bad driver around a track, the pattern changes on the tyre ie. more wear on one side??

Please tell me you are not saying this or I will have to call BS!

i wonder why you said that...hmmm...may be you're fast on the track...and you trash your tyres as well...or may be we have diff kinda approach to the corner..thats all...that is my opinion about a good driver and a bad driver..you don't have to agree with me...and i respect your opinion as well...i expect that you're surely a good driver...but how quick can you go?..i don't know...if you reckon that you have good skill in yourself, why don't we share our opinion and exchange some mistake that we had on track?...sounds nice?

Ok the reason that I said this is simple and I am talking from a track/circuit racing perspective, which I like very much.

What you have to consider is this, and I am currently experiencing it. I am racing with semi-slicks.... not the best semi-slicks but good for now. The problem is I have standard suspension still.

People will say ,"SO? What is wrong with that?"

The problem is that if you do not have the suspension setup, the car is relying heavily on the tyres to do all of the cornering. I am sure you know the result of this but I will say it anyway. It is called MASSIVE BODY ROLL. Having really bad body roll like I said above puts massive loads on the outsides of the tires when cornering. The contact patch of the tyre is not truely flat on the track because of the bodyroll.

The end result is tyres that will wear uneven, and lets say that the track consists primarily of right hand turns, then the tyres on the left side of the car will wear the most uneven.

So this is all I was trying to say... that a bad or a good driver can not be judged by the uneven wear of the tyre, because of factors like suspension. Another thing you might consider is this...... you will tend to see that tyres from cars that are involved in endurance races usually will have a more consistant/even wear on them compared to tyres used on cars that are quick sprint or dash events. It is obvious why, they need to take care of the tyres for as long as possible as opposed to just going as quick as you can for a short distance where tyre longevity is not really an issue.

Member Array
    AGREED

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    ehh...why i never experienced that before?...
    i don't have suspension as well..
    and i do a well 180km/h 1st corner at philip island...

hmm...can't understand....
    but all i know is that if you know how to maintain the tyre....you'll be quicker...
    or i'm just driving too slow..i guess....but i don't think is slow as well...i don't know....
    philip island is next week...soo...might prove something dude...and EKIV...you are going rite?...please tell me what time you did man...as you've said i'm slower....

one more thing...my 2:02...is with standard car....just filter and with nearly run off RE 010 tyres...no suspension nothing...and my car wasn't even modified yet....so i guess you can surely running in the 1 : 59 rite....great to see a civic running that quick man...