Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir
    cheers fellas and eurodude, good link but im too much of a noob to use it lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    look at the back of the amp, the thick red cable is the power cable running to the battery, and the two RCA cables (you know what RCA plugs are right?) should be running back to the Head Unit the opposite side of the power cable.

If they are both running along the same side then you may get engine noise thru the system.

RCA cables (usually blue ones)
    Last edited by EuroDude; 27-04-2006 at 09:12 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude
    If they are both running along the same side then you will get engine noise thru the system.
    Not necessarily, it isnt fact, there are a lot of cars which you dont get noise in running all cables together.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yeah it depends on the car and the audio equipment, but its the first thing to check if there is noise

My civic had major noise, moving the RCA's to the right side (PowerCable on the left) fixed it.

i had this issue a while ago turned out to be headunit..... i spent 180 o rca cables didn't end up eing problem but improved soud anyway.......

i changed groundig cable etc at back of headunit worked betta......upon making changes headunit died lol rca output terminals given huge feedback so fuse inside i would say went

new headunit whirring noise very slightly present

trial error is all ican say

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    floopy,

what headunit are you running? I had this problem not long ago and i got really shitty, but anyways i sent it off to pioneer and got it repaired. Happend to be the internal fuse was blown on the rca. get it checked out.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin
    floopy,

what headunit are you running? I had this problem not long ago and i got really shitty, but anyways i sent it off to pioneer and got it repaired. Happend to be the internal fuse was blown on the rca. get it checked out.

got a pioneeer too, and the mate i asked (involved with sound systems of some sort) reckons its the same problem u mentioned

how long did the whole process take for you to send it to pioneer? and did ti cost much?

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    well your in melb right? Didnt take that long at all. They are located on Princes Highway just before springvale road. you cant miss it, its on the left hand side headding towards dandy. It took about 5 days. so not long at all. i couldnt stand my car with out music so i just hooked up my ipod LOL
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    give them a call floopy and find out the waiting period

that will teach people to short the RCA's to ground while the head unit is powered
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    96 prelude vtir
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplodin
    well your in melb right? Didnt take that long at all. They are located on Princes Highway just before springvale road. you cant miss it, its on the left hand side headding towards dandy. It took about 5 days. so not long at all. i couldnt stand my car with out music so i just hooked up my ipod LOL
    oh hey thats not tooo bad. but yea 5 days without music suck ass....

Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA

that will teach people to short the RCA's to ground while the head unit is powered
    yea i reckon man, and i paid someone to instlal it for me too... worst!

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by ICACHA

Yeah i did the install myself, but, i would never have the headunit on with live RCA's. But i guess it happened so i paid for it
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    pioneer seem to be the only ones from what im aware that have a fuse on the rca's, ive never had an issue with pioneer (until it gets old ) but yeah its good practice to not remove or plug in rca's while the head unit is switched on