Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Gears 1-3 on the Civic SiR / VTiR are the same as the ITR box.
    You can buy a Type R box and interchange parts at will with the SiR parts. Even the synchros etc. Thats how they rebuilt my box ~ because the parts are the same.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic EK4 RallyCar
    The polt thickens Thanks - that answers yet another question. If only I could find a type R box to buy

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    TODA is doing preorders on Type R boxes,if you check the traders section.Didnt want to tell you this,because i want one of them,seem like a descent price too,brand new!
    Damn i always give in to the ladies.........

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    As said above, there are a number of traders who either have or can get gearboxes for you. They are fairly regularly listed on yahoo auctions japan and a number of traders on this site can bid and get them in for you.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    01POV
    Yeah all the b-serious gearbox's are interchangable. When you said the Type R box didn't fit was it because of the drivershaft, cause i don't see any other reason y it wouldn't.

If it was, it might be the mugen LSD, and the previous owner has changed the inner shaft to suit the LSD.
    |=TeamPOV=|=JDMYard=|=EK Squad=|=101 MotorCafe Performance Tuning=|

EK Koni Yellows + King Spring Combo for Sale

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic EK4 RallyCar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXer
    TODA is doing preorders on Type R boxes,if you check the traders section.Didnt want to tell you this,because i want one of them,seem like a descent price too,brand new!
    Damn i always give in to the ladies.........
    Finally - a benefit in being female Thanks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic EK4 RallyCar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster
    As said above, there are a number of traders who either have or can get gearboxes for you. They are fairly regularly listed on yahoo auctions japan and a number of traders on this site can bid and get them in for you.
    Thanks for the info!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic EK4 RallyCar
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbonzai
    Yeah all the b-serious gearbox's are interchangable. When you said the Type R box didn't fit was it because of the drivershaft, cause i don't see any other reason y it wouldn't.

If it was, it might be the mugen LSD, and the previous owner has changed the inner shaft to suit the LSD.
    That would make sense - i'll check it out - ta.

Member Array
    Car:
    LS INTEGRA
    Give Frank Modena a call on (03)9782 4420,(03)9782 5273,(03)9782 5274..he does alot of rally stuff and started doing very heavy duty gearboxes for Hondas about 4 years ago

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    BTW I had my ITR box fully reabuilt, by means of stripping it, inspecting every tooth on every gear and the synchros replaced, new oil, new 4th gear selector hub and put back drive to away for $680.
    Perhaps you need to come back to Perth Kat

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic EK4 RallyCar
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Type R
    BTW I had my ITR box fully reabuilt, by means of stripping it, inspecting every tooth on every gear and the synchros replaced, new oil, new 4th gear selector hub and put back drive to away for $680.
    Perhaps you need to come back to Perth Kat
    Good price!! I think I have almost solved the problem, although any further suggestions appreciated. Never actually been to Perth. I bought the car sight unseen - is that an inviation to WA?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Civic EK4 RallyCar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster
    Thanks