Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX

Jackson Racing SC

Hi all, i have a 1989 crx and ive messaged someone from this forum regarding a b18c transplant and im going to talk to him more in depth about it but was wondering if maybe i should just go supercharged. See the car i have acquired is a 1owner full history with ONLY 50ks on it so im thinking it would hold up ok.
    There is a JRSC kit for the crx which produces 142hp at the wheels which i think is quite good and also quite sensible. Problem is CAPA used to be the sole aussie distributor and now there are none. Does anyone know where to get one thru? Will any importers do such an import? Or are there another brand, locally sourced, that accomodate for the crx?
    Regards Scott

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Just wondering why you'd be doing supercharging rather than turbocharging?

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    look at the pro and cons of both supercharging and tuboing, i'm sure you will choose the latter if you are after hp. Unless you want something unique.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Yeah i understand the pro's and con's of both. I would like something unique and also im looking at really spending a lot on suspension and stuff to really make it handle. Superchargers with their linearity will be better for controlling wheelspin and not upsetting suspension balance. Im not after a drag car, in that case i would get a turbo for sure. Just after a go kart but with a bit more torque for the uphill portion of a mountain (bit of a struggle in a 1.6) downhill is easy.
    Thanks though for pointing out the things i may have easily overlooked.
    Scott

Random Array
    Car:
    VW Caddy
    I'd also love to find one for the good old ZC (d16a8) but they are few and far between. I'm unaware of anyone who still makes or stocks the units world wide.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    i was thinking about getting a jackson racing supercharger for a while. After talking to a couple of people around here, I found out that there is a bit of hassle to get them into a AUDM model because of some sor tof clearance issue with pulleys. I would contact mossmotors in the us to clarify before i bought one if i were you. But if you are just looking for a place to buy one, just get it off an american company. probably cheaper anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I'd be looking for one secondhand in the US. That's how I got my Comptech SC.

The usual cavaets apply.

That said, a small sensibly chosen turbo will do the trick. If you're only looking for the peak of the JRSC then I guess a T25 would be about right.

Another thing to consider is reliability. If a JRSC fails you're in all sorts of trouble. I think they use a small Eaton blower?? If a T25 fails you just drop in another one that someone has pulled from their 200SX or whatever.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    u can pickup JRSC's on ebay and honda-tech all the time. thats 2nd hand. If ur not going to import urself speak PM Jimmeh on this board and he will help u out.

As for the S/C being more linear, ive ridden both a JRSC and a vortec centrifugal and i must say, the vortech blower was alot like a powerfuly NA car. very predictable.. sadly they dont make them for D's.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Thanks to all that took the time to share their thoughts ideas and knowledge. I havent been posting because i was in sydney picking up my crx. Again thanks all, ill look into whats involved in importing one myself, otherwise ill just leave it for a bit im not in a huge hurry. It will be coming though.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    just remember, torque = fun

turbo = torque

supercharger = no torque

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Not so with the JRSC. It's positive displacement so the torque is there from down low. And no lag either.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman
    just remember, torque = fun

turbo = torque

supercharger = no torque
    You would be wrong. A S.C. adds torque just as a turbo does. A turbo will do more HP at the top end of the power curve while a S.C. does it all the way thru, more lower to mid end though. That's why a lot of people use both. No lag then really. I build my turbo motors as torque motors so you have the rotational force to get you off the line and get RPMs up so the turbo will kick in perfectly. A S.C. motor you don't have to do that. Of course a S.C. avg adds only 30-40% more hp/tq at MOST and a Turbo can add much more. I guess you have to look at what else you have to get. There is more to a Turbo then a S.C. as far as parts go. Installing a S.C. takes a quarter of the time and tuning is a little bit easier. Read these:
    http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=19
    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question122.htm