5th gen prelude si

hey guys been looking for 5th gen VTI-R's but ive come across a cheap black 5th gen si in excellent condition.. hmmmm havent had a test drive yet but i was just wondering.. are si's really worth even considering??? basically unlike the VTIR its aparently nothing... ive even ben told if you were gonna just get an si why not just get a stock lancer?? are si's really just as slow as a stock lancer, because i have actually driven those and was shocked by the lack of power?? help me out guys! someone give me the low down on prelude si's are thay really worth getting? (for the same price i could pick up a holden commodore v6 01 model over here in australia)....

Member Array
    Car:
    Monica
    dpends man.......most ppl will say vtir is d only way to go .......n dere prolly right ...but i got my si at a cheap price with LOW kms..( First car Ppl )....and if i were to get the year and kms range on a vtir it would b way more expensive........with regards to power, the torque and power figures r different .....but not by a lot.......and many luders say there isnt much power at the bottom end.....but its totally up to you....but i use to drive a commo ss ( my parents car ) and its a lot quicker then my lude.....go to preludeaustralia.com n heaps of ppl will help u out there...

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    dude, honestly dont make the possible mistake of buying an Si. drive both and ull see that the h22a motor is a masterpiece! ull not live without it. u will find that the si has strong torque but runs out of revs quick where the h22as (vtir) very smooth flat torque curve pulls sooooooo hard right through to 8000rpm.
    trust me dude ull wonder why u actually contemplated the si.....however if power is not that much of a big thing to u then the si might actually be a good option.
    but then dont forget the vtir came standard with sunroof, as for the whole commo thing my car pulls harder than an xr6 or s pac commo so there we go.

u cannot compare the build quality of a honda with mitsubishi, hondas go and go and go, if serviced regularily itll last u for ever

Member Array
    Car:
    Monica
    Quote Originally Posted by CUL8R
    as for the whole commo thing my car pulls harder than an xr6 or s pac commo so there we go.
    was that an xr6turbo cause there pretty quick......dnt get me wrong i LOVE my prelude but the vti-r 's cant that quick...ive been in cars such as type R's all d way to R34GTR's and u cant be sayinf the prelude vtir is the quickest vtec out there or is it..??....i dunno so maybe sum1 wit more knowledge might know..??

i think hes saying si vs vtir we all know what better in long run , as in power and options .
    anyhow once he stops at the light and a vtir pulls up next to him , blows him he will be coming here and saying (how much is h22a conversion into my si lude)

bro go vtir you will be much happier , when i was buying mine there were 2 ludes gen 5s one vtir other si and trust me there is big diff in engine and options

vtir for that litle extra and you will be much hapier

Member Array
    Car:
    98 VTi-R Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrkrooz
    was that an xr6turbo cause there pretty quick......dnt get me wrong i LOVE my prelude but the vti-r 's cant that quick...ive been in cars such as type R's all d way to R34GTR's and u cant be sayinf the prelude vtir is the quickest vtec out there or is it..??....i dunno so maybe sum1 wit more knowledge might know..??
    did i say xr6turbo or xr6???
    lol
    well ive only lost to one n/a car so far and it was a type r dc2 which wiped me over and over and over. i ran a dc5 (not type r just vtir) and it was even then i started to pull in 3rd (dunno if thats just shit driver but he had mugen exhaust).
    having said that im sure the lude aint the quickest vtir but the si feels lifeless

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    5th Gen. Prelude VTi-R
    mate, im with CUL8R here on this one, people buy a honda for the engineering; for the VTEC. The VTI-R is the way to go; but if u do like the black Si, go for it. A manual would be great too!
    If not, hang in there and keep looking!

S2Krazy Array
    Whats the price of this "cheap" Si?
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...