Member Array
    Car:
    integra jdm conversion

DC2 cat light comes on!

i drive a dc2 vtir with jdm type r engine and running gear, etc..
    ive noticed my cat light comes on when engine is cold and sometimes when im uping it! beats the hell out of me!

im thinking stuffed cat or stuffed sensor???

anyways can some one shed some light on what the sensor does and how it works???

or mayb the way the engine is running is heating up the cat ??? i dont know???

Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    most jdm engines have a heated o2 sensor in the cat, cos i got one on my b18 that i just got with the half cut, i will not be using it i dont think its anything bad just the sensor is damaged or the wire has been cut, pm ecu-man he knows about it...

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    I think????? cat sensor is telling you that its not warm enough to function correctly,they dont work properly until heated up.Maybe the japs arent allowed to drive until the cat is workin efficiently.
    Did u put the JDM under dash fuse block in? As the sensor is controlled by the integrated control unit behind the fuse block.I dont think the AUDM control unit has this function incorporated and it has nothing to do with the ecu.
    Did u plumb a wire down to the sensor,it usually goes straight down thru the floor under the dash.As for it going off when u give it a bit,maybe its just hangin loose down there groundin out & giving you readings or most likely the sensor is just stuffed,i imagine it lives a pretty hard life under there.
    Can anyone clarify this better as im also interested?