Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    01 Yellow Fever R

Looking to get a DC2R

Hey guys.

I currently own a CG Accord V6L. Looking to trade it in for a DC2R. Do you guys reckon it's worth it?

How does the DC2R go on fuel economy? Insurance purposes as well as i am currently paying 2,000 for the Accord under my dad's name with me attached on it (17 year old).

What price am i looking at? Anything i should look out for when purchasing one as well?

Much appreciated!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '99 Integra Type R.
    Don't take this the wrong way. But I'd say enjoy your Accord, do some driving courses. Try a Motorkana, Track days...ect.

Your Accord is a Much better car, than I had at 17......
    a TE Gemini... Runs & hides.

As for insurance, You be paying heaps. If you could get it (maybe Dad again)
    Is there any 17 year ITR Drivers out there....? Might be rare, but would be able to help with $$$

As for Fuel economy with the DC2R... real depends on how you use it.
    If your just trolling to & from work.... Not bad.
    If your highway cruising (on or near Speed limit) Good.
    Trackdays... hahaha 1 litre per 2-3 kms.
    But you don't buy a R with economy in mind.....at least, I didn't!

Stick with the V6 Accord, Get Skilled-up first......

Just my 2c.
    Last edited by OZ#227; 03-05-2006 at 04:42 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc teggy
    my car (non-tec dc4) sets me back 1k per year (cheap as). for a vtir - it would have been 2k and then an itr easy 3k - let alone mods.. excess would be the big thing though.. keep the accord - learn more on the roads. then invest in an R.

EDIT: i was 16 when i bought my car. full comp with mods under mumsy's name and mine (we did this on rego too to get around a few things)
    48USE honda integra FOR SALE

see link:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...96#post1545396

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    i'd agree with some of the others. Learn and hone your driving skills with your current accord. You'll learn and observe more about it and you will appreciate the difference later when you get a dc2r. As tempting as it is to get a dc2r, you're still young with lots to learn and its a lot easier doing it this way

Insurance may be roughly the same, if not more. it definitely won't be less though. Fuel economy will be better than your accord tho. Put off getting a dc2r till you're at least 20. insurance would be cheaper by then as well.
    They won't let me on the plane, cos i'm the bomb!

www.austeg.com

I was going through your stage not too long ago. Until i fell in love with my own car again recently. I'm 22 and I just bought this car (my first), 4 months ago.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by stoodamire
    Hey guys.

I currently own a CG Accord V6L. Looking to trade it in for a DC2R. Do you guys reckon it's worth it?

How does the DC2R go on fuel economy? Insurance purposes as well as i am currently paying 2,000 for the Accord under my dad's name with me attached on it (17 year old).

What price am i looking at? Anything i should look out for when purchasing one as well?

Much appreciated!!!!
    As the others have mentioned..
    just keep your car for now...
    learn and experience the roads more with your current car and then decide on the dc2r later on. your only 17, you've still got a long road ahead of ya!

As for Fuel economy, i'd say its excellent...
    averaging 500km at 43 litres per tank...
    Insurance sucks!! ...coz its a "R"...
    Price your looking at around 20-25k depending on age and K's on the clock.

I suggest buying an older integra and learning manual aswell. I am sure your accord would be auto. Then when you think you have gotten the most of it step into a R.
    How I would love to drive an accord every 2nd day. So lux

Quote Originally Posted by jooboo
    yeh im 18 my dc2r insurance is around 2k
    is that full comprehensive?

who are you with?

I am 21, perfect record and i still have to fork out just under 2.5k

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 Clone, E46 M3
    i find this kind of strange, I think a dc2r is fine for a new driver, and perfect for a new driver who wants a sports car. I can't think if a safer sports car.

You have P platers in rwd turbo nissans everywhere (I was one of them, i went through 2), now THAT is something to be concerned about.

A 17/18 y/old with a type R? that's fine, go with it. it's quick, safe, reliable. wheras something like a 180sx = no airbags, no abs (shit brakes altogether), weak as chassis, and heaps and heaps of rwd power and torque = risky

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i cant see the view from both sides of the fence here, in some ways you can cause a hell of a lot more damage to yourself, the car and others in the r, but, compared to the skylines and other cars kids ar driving these days it is a safer, easier car to drive...

i say if you want to do it go ahead and do it, but take your ime to learn about the car, because after all thats what it is, and it can bite you real hard.... lift of oversteer as an example....

but overall its such a fun car to won and drive you will love it... insurance sux (if your young), i only get 300-350km out of a tank (i dont drive during the week and i miss it)

go out and get one mate, if thats what you want...

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    wow U own an accord v6 @ 17? damn ur lucky.. ahah.. id prolly keep it and then save money instead of buryin urself in debt etc.. anyway my2c lol

as for gettin an R.. be prepared to cop alot of crap on the road who thinks that ur up for a race hoons .. idiots etc etc.. i mean dont let the R get to ur head and think ur all that on the road.. common mistake for young drivers.. (yes we all went thru that).. u jus gta gain a respect for the car

as for safety.. yea its a safe car.. and i reckon a R is abit difficult to drive.. as for the long clutch.. *as i was used to a short one from the skyline*.. but yea it doenst take long to get the gist of it..

as for insurance.. u wont get any. no one wll take you as a listed driver.. im nearly 22 and i got comprehensive insurance wit just cars and i pay jus a tick over 2k.. with my dad he pays 1.7k with nrma.. some insurance companies need ur car to be fitted with a tracker and others jus dont kno wat the f*ck a type r is...

anyway good luck wit it aye.
    and btw depends on wat state u live in..

nsw dc2rs go from 21k - 26k.. 100,000+kms - 60,000km
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

I just did a justcars quote on a 2000 dc2r, im 23, quote was $1068 per year. The vehicle excess is also about $600 less than a locally imported s14 200sx which I was also considering, which the insurance quote for was $1400 per year.
    Last edited by wixy; 04-05-2006 at 07:59 AM.