Yokohama Geolandar H/T G051 - is this a good tyre?

Hi, my 2001 gen 1 CR-V is due for new tyres. I am still on the original Bridgestone Duelers and 54,000km later they're pretty noisy and just about on the bald limit indicator.

I've been shopping around for a worthy replacement tyre. I'll most likely stick to the stock size because I can't afford to replace the 5th tyre (spare) as well and don't want to end up with different size tyres if I need to use it as this will affect the RT4WD system.

I'm considering the Yokohama Geolandar H/T G051.

http://www.yokohama.com.au/ourtyres/tyre.aspx?tyreid=71

I mostly do city/highway driving but will occassionally venture off the beaten track - beach, dirt roads, shallow river crossings, so probably 90% city / 10% offroad.

Does anyone use these tyres and would you recommend them to me? I am after a quiet tyre (low road noise) with good grip in dry & wet and good handling. Would I be happy with the Yokos?

Hope any owners out there with these tyres can help me out! Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    Don't have personal experience, but Geolanders are fitted as OEM on a lot of Subarus (Foresters, Outbacks) - so I would expect them to be quiet. As for grip, onroad dynamics are always compromised by the offroad abilities - so it depands on your own driving style / preferences.

also noticed Yokohama have just started advertising a new series of Geolanders - make sure it's these you are looking at (presuming the newer ones are an improvement).

Cheers,

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    they are quite good, much better than the duelers.

alot quiter too
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Quote Originally Posted by liberx
    also noticed Yokohama have just started advertising a new series of Geolanders - make sure it's these you are looking at (presuming the newer ones are an improvement).

Cheers,
    How do I tell if its the new series or not?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    I'd suggest asking the dealer. Sorry - don't know exactly what the new and old look like.

You could also also ask to check out the new geolanders at another dealer, and see if they are the same.