Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    I would have assumed that the most important information would have involved our email addresses and passwords. Did this hacker have access to those? I'm thinking he/she may have our email addresses since we got spammed, though I'm also concerned about the password. Was there access?

Member Array
    Car:
    type r
    what happened

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    good to see OH is back up and running. hope that idiot gets what he deserves.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDC5S
    While the actions of that cliche individual should not be condoned, there are lessons to be learned here from the posts made in the hidden forums in OZH.

I go on other car forums too and there seems to be a lot of negative connotations about this site at times from both honda owners and other car owners of other Japanese manufacturers.

I think this should be a fresh start for everyone affiliated with this site and improve the image of OzHonda and prevent a repeat of this unsavoury incident in general.
    Valid points however the moderators forum isn't meant to be a 'secret' forum. IT is a place where moderators can discuss things and then present the solution when there is a dispute. That site didn't look at any of the other things we do in the moderators section about the rules/guidlines that mods have to follow and how we vote on issues when in order to come to a conclusion. Most forums have a seperate section for mods.....and we are no exception.

StOo, I will be emailing all users shortly. It is essentially the email addresses that were taken and not passwords. However i DO recommend you change your password to something complex (with capitals / numbers and symbols).

Member Array
    Car:
    boosted dc2...
    shot win!

Good to see you guys back

Good hustle Win ... Couldn't think of how ****ed the last couple of weeks must have been for you.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    StOo, I will be emailing all users shortly. It is essentially the email addresses that were taken and not passwords. However i DO recommend you change your password to something complex (with capitals / numbers and symbols).
    So how much spam can we expect now?

Did anyone else get that one from mrsniper911@thecarscene.com advertising their forums? I never used to get any junk mail, and now that it's started, I don't think it's going to stop.

Not happy Jan.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by StOo
    So how much spam can we expect now?

Did anyone else get that one from mrsniper911@thecarscene.com advertising their forums? I never used to get any junk mail, and now that it's started, I don't think it's going to stop.

Not happy Jan.
    StOo, I have had no other spam other than the offer to join the other forum (ie one email only). I would suggest adding a good email blocker so that that sort of email goes straight to junk.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Fortunately i havn't received anymore spam than usual (touch wood), even though the email's were released to the public.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    personally i like the new forum layout
    very lite and not as cluttered and loading time/reply seems to be a lot quicker

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    welcome back guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK
    Good to see the site back...started having withdrawal symptoms.